Ask Heather – A PunchDrunkGamer Feature with Heather Shanholtz – Round 9
By PDG Staff
Always looking to tip the scales, PunchDrunkGamer has teamed up with Maxim, FHM, Muscle Mag, The Ring, TapouT and American Curves model, Ring Card Girl, Stunt-woman and all-around stunner Heather Shanholtz! Heather will be doing a weekly “Ask Heather” feature for PunchDrunkGamer, taking questions from her fans and the PDG readers.
During her short career, Heather has accomplished every goal she had set for herself but that doesn’t stop her from wanting more. Heather has been featured in over 45 national magazines including Maxim, FHM and Muscle Mag. Heather is also very well know in the MMA world with her being a spokesmodel for Tito Ortiz for his clothing line Punishment Athletics and countless features in all of the MMA related magazines and websites. Heather is also the spokesmodel for a company called Flying Pasties. The company invented special pasties to wear under your clothes when entering body scanners at the airport.
Heather has done countless appearances, car shows and radio interviews. Recently Heather has found her new love, acting. Heather is to appear with feature roles on the shows Graceland (to air this summer on the USA network) and The Glades to air sometime this year. Last year Heather also accomplished one of her other goals and attended International Stunt School where she became a certified stunt woman. She jumped from buildings, was lit on fire, did combat and knife fights and also driving stunts. With receiving countless awards and recognition in the modeling industry she is ready to accomplish her next set of goals. So welcome Heather to PunchDrunkGamer and keep sending in great questions!
Here are some of Your Questions submitted this week, enjoy!
1. How did you get into the business of modeling and what tips could you give an aspiring model who has yet to breach the barrier? Thanks!
Heather Shanholtz – I always wanted to get into it and one day just decided to go for it. I did research for local agencies in my area and immediately signed with them and set up my first photo shoot. I also suggest hiring a good photographer that already has a name in the industry. I recommend Justin Price. He’s affiliated with a lot of different magazines and is professional and easy to work with.
2. Are there any upcoming UFC fights that you are looking forward to? or that you may be attending?
Heather Shanholtz – I was really hoping we would see “UFC Miami” this year, so that kinda sucks it isn’t going to happen. That being said the final UFC event of the year with the Chris Weidman and Anderson Silva rematch and the girl hate match with Ronda Rousey fighting Miesha Tate again looks awesome. Not too mention Josh Barnett is fighting again and it is against that sweet Hawaiian badass Travis Browne.
3. Can you tell me one ring girl and one model and one actress that you aspire to be like and why?
Heather Shanholtz – Arianny Celeste is gorgeous and she carries herself well. As far as models, I’ve always looked up to Bobbi Billard. She is a close friend of mine and inspires me to do better. Angelina Jolie is a talented amazing woman. I love the roles that she plays and am looking to going the same route as her. I love how she is classy but also a bad ass at the same time.
4. A follow-up to my “Night Life” question from your European/Mediterranean vacation. What was the night life like on that cruise ship, which ship where you on and would you recommend it to others?
Heather Shanholtz – This was my third cruise and the other two I had been on were both Royal Caribbean. The cruise line I went on this time was the Regent Seven Seas. It was a luxury cruise line and the staff was amazing and also the whole experience. I don’t want to take another cruise line ever again lol, so yes I would definitely recommend this cruise to others.
5. Do you like boxing? If so, which aspects of the sport do you follow the most?
Heather Shanholtz – I do like boxing and I am actually an editor for The Ring Magazine which I run a Ring Card Girl of the Month section with my good friend Dave Alan. The Ring Magazine is the worlds oldest and largest boxing magazine and is sold nationally.
6. Your Baltimore Ravens beat your home town team the Miami Dolphins a few weeks back. Did you rub it into your Miami friends or were they giving you the silent treatment for cheering for the enemy?
Heather Shanholtz – I’ve been traveling so much lately that I wasn’t even able to watch the game and I’ve pretty much been home in Miami only to unpack and repack again so I haven’t really had a chance to talk smack to my friends about it but fear not they will hear from me soon.
7. Do you prefer sex in the morning, afternoon, evening or late at night? And what would be the most romantic location you could think of?
Heather Shanholtz – There is definitely not a time preference or location for me when it comes to that but it better be good =)
8. My question is word association, can you tell me one word (first thought) for each of the following?
* Sushi – My favorite!
* Barack Obama – Too controversial
* Sex right after the gym, no shower – Not into it.
* LeBron James Haters – Can go screw themselves =)
* Peanuts or Pretzels in a bowl on the bar? Yuck! Contaminated bar food!
9. Do you drink alcohol? If so what is your drink of choice and do you have some drink recommendations?
Heather Shanholtz – I love to drink! I’m definitely a drinker but my job keeps me in check. I usually drink wine but I love cucumber drinks. My favorite is muddled cucumber with Bacardi and Sprite zero. It’s good and low in calories.
10. What is your favorite music video of all time?
Heather Shanholtz – Satisfaction by Benni Benassi it’s so hot!!
Be sure to check out Tito Ortiz’s clothing line Punishment Athletics – www.punishment.com
To submit your question to Heather, either post them below or email it to email@example.com Keep it classy and we’ll see you next week with more Q&A and more photos!