Dead Or Alive 5 – Details, ‘Mia’ Screenshot Gallery and Cinematic Gameplay Trailer
Last Updated on Wednesday, 19 September 2012 11:21
Written by PunchDrunkGamer
Wednesday, 19 September 2012 11:21
In Dead Or Alive 5, players will once again take on the roles of the cast of Dead Or Alive fighters in an intense, action-packed brawler set in visually striking locations from around the world. The famed DOA hand-to-hand combat returns supported by completely new 3D stages that update the series’ characteristic style with a fresh look and feel.
DOA5 stages are more than spectacular visual backdrops, instead playing to a fighter’s strengths. As a fight progresses, the backdrop will change and interact with players. Skilled fighters will be able to utilize these dynamic stages to pit their opponents against fresh obstacles to create a new fighting experience. This fusion of combat and dynamically changing backdrops is a formula for the evolution of fighting games as “Fighting Entertainment”.
With a sensual yet realistic style, Dead Or Alive 5 characters are rendered in incredibly lifelike detail. From smooth, lithe muscles to emotive facial expressions, every character comes to life. Characters can even perspire as they fight, with realistic depiction of wet skin, damp hair, and moist, semi-translucent clothing as the match progresses.
Along with a rich array of single player modes including story mode, DOA5 offers new online options with arcade-style matches, tournaments, and social features. Players can be paired into one-off matches or work their way up the leaderboards for the honor and prestige of competing in global tournaments, the resulting matches of which can be watched by any player as a learning tool.
No longer content to be eye candy with a deadly kick, the female fighters of Dead Or Alive 5 show a whole new level of character and style. The unique style of each fighter, both male and female, will be accentuated by their individual personalities as they battle with a new look and feel for an intense new generation of Dead Or Alive combat.
* Intense DOA Fighting – DOA5 expands the signature fighting style for which the series is known with a variety of new martial arts techniques and styles.
* Realistic and Sensual Graphics - Characters come alive with a new visual style combining stunning realism with a warm, naturalistic feel that conveys every facet of each character – from raw power to sleek sensuality.
* Dream Lineup - Play as Ryu Hayabusa, Hayate, Ayane, and Hitomi as well as numerous additional characters yet to be announced.
* Dynamic New Interactive 3D Stages – More than a backdrop, spectacular locations from around the world provide a changing and interactive showcase for deadly battles.
* New Finishing Moves - Use power blows to interactively trigger the Danger Zone of a stage, including crashing cars, collapsing glaciers, and an exploding oil rig – distract your opponent or drive him into danger.
* Online Battles – A full-fledged online experience awaits players that allows for both beginners and experts to compete head to head in a variety of playing fields and battle modes.
Dead Or Alive 5 – ‘Mia’ Cinematic Gameplay Trailer:
Dead Or Alive 5 – ‘Mia’ Screenshot Gallery:
Post your comments directly below! You can also discuss the latest MMA & Video Game News in the PunchDrunkGamer Forums and don’t forget to Follow PDG on Twitter @PunchDrunkGamer and Like the PDG Official Facebook Page!