Deep Silver Announces The Merits Program and Releases the ‘Hearts and Minds 101’ Featurette for Homefront: The Revolution
By PDG Staff
Deep Silver today unveiled the Homefront: The Revolution ‘Merits’ program, a reward plan for members of the Homefront community.
Anyone can simply go to Homefront-Game.com and begin earning Merits by completing missions on the site to dive deeper into the lore of the universe. Each Merit earned unlocks a corresponding piece of Combat Gear from the Red Rebel set, which can be used to customize your co-op character in Resistance Mode.
Once merits are achieved, players will see the associated in-game Combat Gear unlock by linking their Homefront profile to their Xbox LIVE, PSN or Steam account. Seven merits are currently available at the launch of this program, with more to come between now and when Homefront: The Revolution launches on May 17 in North America.
In addition, the new ‘Hearts and Minds 101’ featurette showcases how players can perform actions in the open world – the red, yellow, and green zones – in Homefront: The Revolution, and earn the support of the oppressed population of occupied Philadelphia through unique gameplay mechanics.
Watch the ‘Hearts and Minds 101’ trailer here:
Through Hearts and Minds, the player’s actions have a direct effect on the world around them, with an ultimate goal: Ignite a Revolution.
Homefront: The Revolution:
Homefront: The Revolution is an open-world first person shooter where you must lead the Resistance movement in guerrilla warfare against a superior military force.
A living, breathing, open world responds to your actions – you and your Resistance Cell can inspire a rebellion on the streets and turn Occupation into Revolution, as oppressed civilians take up the fight.
But your enemy has the advantage – superior technology, firepower, heavy armor and air support. You must learn the art of guerrilla warfare – ambush, sabotage, infiltration, deception – and fight a running battle through the war-ravaged suburbs of Philadelphia.
And the single player campaign is just the start – in Co-Op you and your friends can form your own Resistance Cell and become renowned as Heroes of the Revolution!
• Explore a living, breathing open world – experience true open world gameplay in a first person shooter, brought to life with astonishing CRYENGINE-powered visuals
• Wage Guerrilla Warfare – this is no linear shooter; learn the art of guerrilla warfare and use ambush, infiltration and hit and run tactics against your foe in thrilling un-scripted firefights
• Build the Resistance – recruit revolutionaries to the cause, establish bases and safehouses, capture and customize a deadly arsenal, and build improvised, homebrew weapons for your Guerrilla Tool Kit
• Ignite the Revolution – from oppressed citizen to revolutionary leader, an epic single-player campaign tells the story of the second War of Independence. The dynamic, evolving world responds to your actions as an oppressed nation rises up in defiance against the occupation
• Online Co-Op – take the battle online, form a Resistance Cell with your friends and earn your reputation as Heroes of the Revolution