Welcome to the PDG January 2012 Video Game New Release Highlights
By PDG Staff
Not a lot of great titles for the 18 to 40 audience but there are definitely some intriguing titles hitting store shelves this month.
NFL Blitz (Xbox Live, PlayStationNetwork)
January 3, 2012
The exciting hits and stellar plays are back with all-new NFL Blitz. Featuring a combination of the arcade-style gameplay that made the original a hit and the deep, immersive game modes of today, NFL Blitz is recharged with an energetic, football gaming experience. Whether battling your rival in a 7-on-7 grudge match, fighting your way through a season of the Blitz Gauntlet, or taking over the online Battle Boards in Blitz Battles, Every Game Is a Two-Minute Drill with NFL Blitz.
Final Fantasy XIII-2 (Xbox 360, PS3)
January 31, 2012
Following global sales of over 6.2 million units, the high-definition console debut of Final Fantasy XIII-2 is about to receive a fully-fledged, complete sequel.
Three years after the events in Final Fantasy XIII, Lightning has gone missing, and Snow is nowhere to be found. In a rebuilding world, Serah notices that something is amiss. After a fortuitous encounter with a mysterious man named Noel, the two set off to find Lightning.
Final Fantasy XIII-2 is created with the aim to surpass the quality of its predecessor in every way, featuring new gameplay systems and cutting-edge visuals and audio. In this game the player has the freedom to choose from a range of possibilities and paths; where their choices affect not only the immediate environment, but even shape time and space! It is no longer about facing destiny. Create a new future and change the world!
NeverDead (Xbox 360, PS3)
January 31, 2012
Over 500 years have passed since a mortal named Bryce Boltzmann endured a life-altering tragedy at the hands of Astaroth, the Demon King. His wife murdered, left defeated and rendered immortal, he now moves through life without aspirations other than where he will find his next drink. Lending a hand to the clandestine group, the National Anti-Demon Agency (NADA), he pursues redemption through the extermination of demonic forces within the modern day world along with his agency partner, Arcadia.
NeverDead is a third person action/shooter offering a radically new game experience within the genre based on decapitation and regeneration. Lose any limb and still have the ability to endure the fight as death has already passed you by…
* Live forever and become immortal through a unique decapitation and regeneration mechanic that offers a different approach to 3rd Person Action gameplay. Detach your arm and use it as an exploding detonation device against the enemy, or tear off your head and use it as a scout within the level design.
* Fight in critical situations making use of the hero’s immortality! Get electrocuted and shoot electric bullets, catch on fire and use your body as a light source, fight enemies in a hurricane or on the highway among passing cars and several other invigorating environments.
* Combination of various weaponry at your disposal including an array of guns for long-range attacks. Whip out the Butterly Blade to slash and destroy what is in front of you.
* Online co-operative and competitive “Challenges” against the enemy or each other. Play with up to 4 players and outwit those you’re going against using the decapitation/regeneration elements as strategy.
* Destroy the world you are in as wide-ranging destructible environments will influence how players take out the enemy. Large-scale destruction includes entire buildings, or smaller-scale destruction with pillars, the floor and interior wall sections.
* Enhance character abilities with an experience leveling system that ramps up player abilities, weapon power and unlocking content within the game.
SoulCalibur V (Xbox 360, PS3)
January 31, 2012
SOULCALIBUR V is the latest entry in the premier weapons-based head-to-head fighting series. SOULCALIBUR V takes place 17 years after the events of SOULCALIBUR IV and continues the epic story of warriors in search of the legendary SOUL Swords in 17th century Europe.
The heroic battles transpire in a beautiful and fluid world with eye-popping graphics and visual appeal. SOULCALIBUR V tunes the battle, ,movement, and visual systems so players can pull off cool dynamic attacks with ease and battle with complete freedom.
The tale of Patroklos, son of Sophitia Alexandra, unfolds as his family’s destiny intertwines with the Soul swords. With the series’ revolutionary 8-way run, allowing for true 3D movement during matches, a refined battle system, and stunning graphics, SOULCALIBUR V will be the top game of 2012 for anyone looking for a knock-down, drag-out fight.
* A new generation – Follow the story of Patroklos, son of Sophitia as the battle for the Soul Swords continues.
* Multiple fighting styles – Choose from a roster of unique characters, each with their own deadly weapons, fighting styles and visual flare.
* Dynamic battles – Blow away your competition using finely tuned battle mechanics.
* Unlimited character customization – Create your personalized fighter with the most robust character creation tool in the SOULCALIBUR series.
* Face off against the competition – Challenge the computer AI, compete against your friends or challenge fighters from around the world with the massive online features.
Post your comments directly below! You can also discuss the latest MMA & Video Game News in the PunchDrunkGamer Forums and don’t forget to Follow PDG on Twitter @PunchDrunkGamer and Like the PDG Official Facebook Page!