June 2014 – New Video Game Release Dates
By PDG Staff
Welcome to the PunchDrunkGamer.com June 2014 New Video Game Release Guide!
Tuesday – June 03, 2014
Murdered: Soul Suspect (PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360, PC)
Most people think that death is the end, but for Ronan O’Connor, a Salem police detective with a chequered past, it is just the beginning. When Ronan is caught in a violent burglary, his life is brought to an untimely and brutal end. Shocked to find himself in the afterlife, his only escape from the limbo world of Dusk’ is to hunt down his killer using new-found supernatural abilities. Set in Salem Massachusetts, players have the freedom to explore the New England-style wooden houses, narrow streets, gothic churches and historical landmarks for clues. They will need to battle demonic spirits to preserve their souls whilst uncovering the shocking revelations about who is responsible for their death.
* A dark, detective thriller with a unique supernatural twist – Solving your own murder from the afterlife.
* Investigate the world as only a ghost can – Possess humans and influence thoughts, interrogate other ghosts and use poltergeist abilities to create distractions.
* Explore Salem, a town where strange things happen, to discover secrets hidden deep within the Dusk’ world. Walk-through walls, teleport and reveal memories.
* Survive soul devouring demons using a variety of tactics.
* Who killed you and why? A rich tableau of characters and a dark, twisting storyline means anyone could be your killer.
Tuesday – June 10, 2014
Enemy Front (Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC)
Enemy Front is the first truly modern WW2 FPS, featuring stunning visuals, open-ended levels and a richly interactive combat experience that breaks away from the standard model of highly linear scripted FPS experiences, giving the player full freedom to own their playing style.. Intense Combat, Sniping, Stealth and Sabotage – all are viable approaches for the player, maximizing player engagement and replayability. Against the visceral backdrop of breathtaking European locales, the player takes on the role of American war correspondent Robert Hawkins, as he fights hand in hand with Resistance Fighters opposing the Nazi juggernaut in France, Germany, Norway, and during the Warsaw Uprising.
* Choose your own fight – Gameplay blends fast-paced FPS action with precision sniping, thrilling stealth, and deadly sabotage
* Deal death from afar – Use sniper rifles to decimate enemy ranks and pick off officers, enemy snipers and heavy weapons gunners with deadly precision
* Breathtaking visuals, interactive environments and spectacular action across many iconic Resistance operations of WW2.
* Choose your own weapon – Full arsenal of WW2 weaponry across all categories of hand-guns, SMGs, assault rifles, sniper rifles as well as signature Resistance weapons including the Sten gun, Welrod Silenced Pistol, and Lightning SMG.
* Own the battlefield – Combine reconnaissance, explosives and marksmanship to prepare, misdirect and ambush numerically superior Nazi troops.
* Engaging, destructible environments and advanced tactical AI means combat is always a rewarding and dynamic experience.
* Highly replayable 10 hour Single-Player Campaign and 12-player Online Multiplayer, all powered by CryENGINE technology.
Tuesday – June 17, 2014
EA Sports UFC (PS4, Xbox One)
Powered by EA SPORTS IGNITE technology, EA SPORTS UFC brings the action, emotion and intensity inside the Octagon to life in ways that were never before possible. The next-generation of True Player Motion not only showcases the diverse, powerful and fluid of attacks of elite mixed martial artists through Precision Movement, Dynamic Striking and Strategic Submission Battles, but also brings the combatants to life with a Full Body Deformer and Real-Time Exertion. The simulation of Human Intelligence takes leaps forward with the strategic and adaptive MMAi system and is expressed through the most realistic characters ever created in a sports game.
* Unprecedented Fighter Likeness – EA SPORTS UFC will set a new bar for character likeness and emotion in gaming. Every single licensed fighter in the game has been created from high resolution 3D head and body scans to deliver revolutionary character likeness and authenticity. Powered by EA SPORTS IGNITE, new facial animation technology delivers more expression, emotion and will communicate greater sense of awareness and intelligence in the Octagon.
* MMAi – A mixed martial artist’s mind is as important as his heart. Every licensed fighter in the game will have changing goals and fight plans, based on their real-life tendencies and each fight situation. Stop their Plan A, and they will adapt to Plan B or C. Down on the scorecards, look for the AI to end the fight with a knockout or a submission. A smarter opponent equals a more challenging and unpredictable fights.
* Full Body Deformation – Until now, simulation of physical contact between fighters was limited to bodies that barely made contact with each other; as a result, they looked and behaved like action figures made of plastic rather than elite athletes. The team that revolutionized sports by bringing authentic physics to Fight Night changes the game again with an all-new, full-body deformation system that moves and displaces the fighter’s flesh in real time. For the first time, the strength of every submission and power of every strike will truly make an impression.
* Real-Time Exertion – A UFC bout is one of the most physically demanding sports on the planet requiring martial artists to give it their all with every movement. Real-Time Exertion brings each moment of that action to life in your gameplay experience. Through real-time vein popping, skin discoloration, muscle flex, as well as signs of fatigue setting in through the course of each round, you will witness the effort it takes to be one of the best fighters in the world.
* Precision Movement – MMA is a sport of inches, where every step counts and every movement matters. Powered by EA SPORTS IGNITE, the Precision Movement locomotion system grounds the fighters, eliminating unrealistic slipping and sliding across the canvas. More realistic physics-driven movement delivers more realistic action as the overall transfer of energy from the ground up delivers more impactful and believable strikes and takedowns.
* Strategic Submission Battles – To own the belt, you have to be dominant on your feet and on the mat. EA SPORTS UFC re-invents the ground game to create a battle for position and control that captures the strategy of a submission battle. Like the real sport, in EA SPORTS UFC fighters will work through multiple stages as they work to advance or escape from a fight-ending submission.
* Real Damage – Every fighter knows that one good shot can ruin your day. EA SPORTS UFC introduces a non-linear damage system which can result in big damage coming from a single strike. The system produces a greater variety of cuts and contusions that is true-to-life and has never been possible in a simulation fighting game.
* Dynamic Striking – A mixed martial artist uses the environment to his advantage and for the first time in a UFC game, you can too. A dynamic environment allows you to pull off jaw-dropping moves using the Octagon, including roundhouse kicks, superman punches and much more. Combine those abilities with the best striking technology in the industry and that one perfect strike could change the fight.
Tuesday – June 24, 2014
Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark (PS4, Xbox One, PS3, 360, Wii U, 3DS)
Explore two unique worlds as your favorite Transformers characters from both the movie, Transformers: Age of Extinction, and Cybertron universes in a battle to secure an ancient and powerful relic, the Dark Spark!
* Go Beyond the Movie – For the first time ever, fight your way through both Earth and Cybertron universes in an unforgettable battle to secure the Dark Spark.
* Over 40 playable characters – Including Optimus Prime, Bumblebee and Megatron!
* Change Form Anytime – Switch between robot and vehicle form on the fly!
* Epic Multiplayer Battles – Expanded four-player co-op online escalation mode with new upgradeable defenses and challenging Power Foes!
* New Unlock System – Leveling system spans campaign and escalation, allowing players to unlock rewards that will aid progression in both modes!
**For a complete list of all June 2014 Video Game Releases – CLICK HERE!
Post your comments directly below! You can also discuss the latest MMA and Video Game News in the PunchDrunkGamer Forums and don’t forget to Follow PDG on Twitter @PunchDrunkGamer and Like the PDG Official Facebook Page!