May 2014 New Video Game Release Dates
By PDG Staff
Welcome to the PunchDrunkGamer.com May 2014 New Video Game Release Guide!
Tuesday – May 6, 2014
MLB 14 The Show (PS4)
Become a part of Major League Baseball’s biggest moments. Welcome to The Show. The highest rated sports franchise over the last 8 years is back with new ways to play, more realistic gameplay physics and the most authentic MLB gameplay experience ever. From the booth to the field, MLB 14 The Show captures the most exciting moments in baseball. Welcome to the Show.
* Year-to-Year Saves – For the first time in franchise history, saves can be carried over from MLB 14 to future releases of The Show, meaning that gamers won’t have to worry about starting their Franchise or Road to the Show seasons over in years to come.
* Player Lock – The new Player Lock feature (a.k.a RTTS anywhere) gives users the ability to lock-on to any single player and enter games using the Road to the Show gameplay mechanic, allowing for faster games and more focused on-field action.
* Quick Counts – Users will now be able to play a full nine-inning game in less than 30 minutes, half the time it takes in previous iterations of The Show. Despite the shortened game durations, realistic stats will not be compromised.
* Universal Profile – A new tendency-tracking system monitors and records gamers’ unique playing styles. Those patterns are stored in the Universal Profile, which can be viewed by anyone looking to get a quick scouting report on the player. The Universal Profile can also be subbed in in place of a CPU opponent in Diamond Dynasty and Online Franchise, making for more realistic head-to-head matchups when schedules prevent synchronous play.
* Community Challenges – Players will be able to freely toy and tinker with game situations and scenarios on the fly, whether that’s the inning, score, who’s on base, or where the ball is hit. These custom situations can be bundled with a creative set of goals and put forth as a challenge to the community, whether it’s to relive the past, change history, or dream of new possibilities.
* Online Franchise – Finally, Franchise mode can be shared with friends online, with most of the features from the offline version making the transition, including Scouting, the Amateur Draft, Free Agency and CPU Trades. The mode will remain highly customizable as scheduling, divisions, postseason spots and more are all commissioner options.
* Stubs – Playing games in MLB 14 The Show rewards players with Stubs. Stubs can be used to purchase additional in-game content – like Road to the Show training points – or used in our new mode, Community Challenges. Stubs can be earned in any mode, and they are not required to progress through a mode. You can still purchase additional in-game content through the PlayStation Store.
* Diamond Dynasty Extra Innings – In this mode, a player’s team is always looking for opportunities to challenge other users in an offline setting, which allows the user to earn bonus rewards the next time they log in. When online, the player has the opportunity to challenge other user-created teams in an offline game where the CPU controls their team. Players can only benefit positively in this mode even if their team does not perform up to their normal standards.
Wednesday – May 7, 2014
Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure (PC)
Tex Murphy wakes up – disoriented and head pounding – on the fire escape outside his office atop the Ritz Hotel. Another typical morning for the last of the old-school detectives. Except it isn’t. What starts out as the worst hangover in history becomes a baffling nightmare: something – or someone – has erased Tex’s memory of the past seven years. Motivated by lost love, revenge and the world’s strongest coffee blend, Tex must retrace his own steps into a maze of unsolved murders, hidden agendas and lost technologies of Nikola Tesla. Only by solving the mysteries of his past can Tex hope to regain his memory in time to restore what’s been lost…and stop a terrifying future.
Tex Murphy will finally be back in 2014 after leaving loyal fans on a cliffhanger for almost 16 years, so come get acquainted in a world filled with dangerous dames, morally ambiguous characters, and lots of mysteries to be solved.
Tesla Effect upgrades the classic Tex Murphy experience with HD live-action — that’s right, for those of you not old enough to have played adventure games in the 90s, Tex Murphy embraces the lost art of green screen full-motion video as it interacts with fully modeled 3D environments. Players will be challenged with logic puzzles, interactive dialogue, branching storylines, and alternate endings.
Tesla Effect shines with an eclectic cast of actors, including:
* Todd Bridges (Willis from Diff’rent Strokes…ask someone older if you don’t know what that is)
* June “TV’s Greatest Mom” Lockhart (ask someone even older if you don’t know who that is)
* Larry “Soup Nazi” Thomas (you all have seen Seinfeld, right?)
* Kevin “Tom Servo” Murphy (Mystery Science Theater 3000)
* The original Tex himself, Chris Jones
Friday – May 9, 2014
Bound By Flame (PS4, PS3, 360, PC)
Bound by Flame drags you into a heroic and desperate struggle, in which the Alliance eventually yielded in front of the inexorable advance of Deadarmy. From their castles of ice, the lord-sorcerers of Shadowcold now reign as masters on the continent and crush mercilessly the remnant resistance, of which you belong. When all hope appears to be lost, a demon of flames chooses you as its host…Create and customize a powerful warrior, develop your skills (combat, assassination and fire magic) and call upon the devastating powers of the demon within.
Find, create and improve your weapons and armor, and find help from numerous companions to help you fight Shadowdragons, Leeches and the fearsome warriors of Deadarmy in perilous and spectacular real-time battles! Develop special binds with your companions such as romance, friendship or rivalry. Your decisions will bear heavy consequences…will you struggle to keep your humanity, or will you be tempted by the demon’s power and let it take over?
* Create and customize a powerful warrior, develop your skills (combat, assassination and fire magic) and call upon the devastating powers of the demon within.
* Find, create and improve your weapons and armor, and find help from numerous companions to help you fight Shadowdragons, Leeches and the fearsome warriors of Deadarmy in perilous and spectacular real-time battles!
* 30+ hours of an epic RPG adventure where your decisions effect the storyline and your character’s personal appearance.
* Experience 2 different approaches as you’ll fight the demon inside you or use its powers.
* Unlock and improve your skills through 3 different skill modes: Warrior, Shadow and Fire Wizard.
* Interact with a rich set of characters including an undead, witch and warrior, who can help you in battles if they support your decisions.
* Develop special binds with your companions such as romance, friendship or rivalry.
* Astonishing graphics through the proprietary Silk Engine.
Tuesday – May 20, 2014
Wolfenstein: The New Order (Xbox One, 360, PS4, PS3, PC)
Wolfenstein: The New Order reignites the series that created the first-person shooter genre. The year is 1960 and the Nazi’s have won World War II. War hero B.J. Blazkowicz must launch an impossible counter-offensive against the monstrous Nazi regime that has conquered the globe.
Intense, cinematic and rendered in stunning detail with id Software’s id Tech 5 engine, Wolfenstein sends players across Europe on a mission to bring down the Nazi war machine. Infiltrate their most heavily guarded facilities, battle high-tech Nazi legions, and take control of super-weapons that have conquered the earth – and beyond. Wolfenstein is under development at MachineGames, a studio comprised of a seasoned group of developers recognized for their work creating award-winning games.
* The Assault – Experience intense first-person combat as you go up against oversized Nazi robots, hulking Super Soldiers and elite shock troops – all rendered in stunning detail with the id Tech 5 engine.
* The Action – Wolfenstein’s breath-taking set pieces feature intense mountain-top car chases, underwater exploration, player-controlled Nazi war machines, and much more – all combined to create an exhilarating action-adventure experience.
* The Arsenal – Collect ultra-advanced Nazi-tech! Break into secret research facilities and heavily guarded weapon stashes to upgrade your tools of destruction.
* The Adventure – Hi-octane action and thrilling adventure weaved together into a tightly paced, super immersive game narrative.
Tuesday – May 27, 2014
Watch_Dogs (Xbox One, 360, PS4, PS3, PC)
Play as Aiden Pearce, a brilliant hacker, whose criminal past led to a violent family tragedy. Now on the hunt for those who hurt your family, monitor and hack all who surround you by manipulating everything connected to the city’s network. Access omnipresent security cameras, download personal information to locate a target, control traffic lights and public transportation to stop the enemy…and more. Use the city of Chicago as your ultimate weapon and exact your own style of revenge.
The City is Our Weapon – Watch_Dogs takes place in a fully simulated living city. Using Aiden’s smartphone, you have real-time control over the city’s infrastructure. Trap your enemy in a 30-car pileup by manipulating the traffic lights. Stop a train, and then board it to evade the authorities. Narrowly escape capture by quickly raising a drawbridge. Anything connected to the ctOS can become your weapon.
* Street Justice – Living in inner city Chicago, where violence is often answered by violence, Aiden has learned how to take the fight to the streets. Deliver devastating blows with your baton, or experience electrifying shoot-outs with physics simulation that rivals anything in the shooter category. Throughout his journey, Aiden will take on his foes with more than 30 traditional weapons.
* High Octane Driving – Luckily, Aiden won’t always need to traverse Chicago’s streets on foot. Ubisoft Montreal has partnered with studios such as Ubisoft Reflections, the acclaimed team behind the award-winning Driver series, to provide a suite of vehicles bursting with horsepower. You’ll get behind the wheel of more than 65 cars – each with state-of-the-art physics and handling – to explore Chicago’s vast and intricate roadways.
* Everything is Under Control – Disrupt, the all-new game engine powering Watch_Dogs, uses advanced processing to deliver stunning visuals and an incredibly immersive world.
* Dynamic Navigation – Not only does Watch_Dogs give you the ability to take advantage of the ctOS, it also allows you to explore the many layers of Chicago itself. Cut through buildings, scale rooftops, and explore the city’s dangerous underground to catch your target.
**For a complete list of all May 2014 Video Game Releases – CLICK HERE!
Post your comments directly below! You can also discuss the latest MMA and Video Game News in the PunchDrunkGamer Forums and don’t forget to Follow PDG on Twitter @PunchDrunkGamer and Like the PDG Official Facebook Page!