Welcome to the PDG August 2012 New Video Game Release Guide
By PDG Staff
Darksiders II (Xbox 360, PC, PS3)
August 14, 2012
Awakened by the End of Days, Death, the most feared of the legendary Four Horsemen embarks on a quest to restore mankind and redeem his brother’s name. Along the way, the Horseman discovers that there are far worse things than an earthly Apocalypse, and that an ancient grudge may threaten all of Creation. Become the terrifying force which everything fears but nothing can escape. Death Lives in Darksiders II…
* Play Death: Become the most feared of the legendary Four Horsemen, able to destroy entire worlds and battle forces beyond Heaven and Hell.
* Epic Universe: Unlike anything the player has seen before, delivered in the unique style of Joe Mad.
* Player Choice & Customization: Customize your experience with varied armor sets, weapons, and Skill Trees allowing players to create their own Death.
* Replay-ability: Explore a vast open world, complete dozens of side quests and customize your Death with a full leveling system, Skill Trees and endless equipment combinations.
* Traversal: Death is a nimble and agile character capable of incredible acrobatic feats allowing the player to explore the world like never before.
Sleeping Dogs (Xbox 360, PS3)
August 14, 2012
Sleeping Dogs catapults players into the role of undercover cop Wei Shen, tasked with taking down one of the world’s most fearsome criminal organizations from the inside… the Hong Kong Triads. As players explore the bustling and crowded Hong Kong island, through its neon–lit side streets and sprawling street markets, an incredible story unfolds of loyalty and betrayal where Wei begins to question his own motives as he is sucked in deeper than he could ever imagine.
Offering players an island packed with action, every street corner, market stall, harbor dock or city skyscraper can become an opportunity for intense shoot-outs, adrenaline–fueled street races and intense, brutal martial arts combat. Featuring one of the most intuitive and imaginative combat systems, Sleeping Dogs empowers players to perform an extensive set of martial arts moves, single-handedly taking on numerous opponents. Players perform bone–crunching kicks and combos, vicious counters and a cinematic set of environmental takedowns making use of countless real–world items from circular saws to phone booths, incinerators to refrigerator doors.
* A mature and gritty undercover cop drama: Set in a high tension underworld where every action is a risk that could blow your cover.
* Seamless explosive action: Fueled by a mix of deadly martial arts, intense gunfights and brutal takedowns.
* Epic high-speed thrills: Burn up the streets as you ram other cars and drive recklessly while shooting your way through the narrow streets of Hong Kong.
* Hong Kong is your playground: Enter illegal races, gamble on cock fights, or kick back with some karaoke. There are countless ways to explore the varied districts of the city.
Transformers: Fall of Cybertron (Xbox 360, PC, PS3)
August 21, 2012
Transformers: Fall of Cybertron transports you to the final days of the planet Cybertron where you will experience the darkest hours of the apocalyptic war between the Autobots and Decepticons. Embark on an adrenaline-fueled journey through a wide range of missions and massive environments designed around each character’s unique abilities.
With the stakes higher than ever before, you play as a variety of Transformers, including Grimlock’s nearly indestructible T-Rex form and the legendary Combaticons forming into the colossal Bruticus. Fight through both sides of the Transformers’ most epic battles leading to their legendary exodus from their homeworld. Transformers: Fall of Cybertron allows you to go head-to-head as Autobots and Decepticons with its multi-player online mode. Create your own personalized character and weaponry with the most advanced and in-depth customization ever before seen in a Transformers video game.
* Immerse yourself in the final, darkest hours of the civil war between the Autobots and Decepticons as they fight for control of their dying planet.
* Experience the integral moments that will ultimately lead to the Fall of Cybertron.
* Charge into battle as a variety of Transformers, including Grimlock’s virtually unbreakable T-Rex form and the Combaticons combining into the massive Bruticus.
* Explore massive worlds and embark on a variety of missions that are designed around each character’s unique skills.
* Engage in explosive combat on both sides of the Transformers’ most epic battles.
* Unravel a fully original storyline that reveals hidden truths behind the exodus of the Transformers characters from Cybertron.
* Jump into the metal-crunching, adrenaline-pumping action of the multiplayer online mode that allows you to battle it out as the Autobots and Decepticons.
* Design and personalize your own character and weaponry with the advanced and in-depth customization options.
Damage Inc. Pacific Squadron WWII (Xbox 360, PC, PS3)
August 28, 2012
Damage Inc., Pacific Squadron WWII begins with the attack on Pearl Harbor and takes you through all of the real battlefields of the Pacific Theatre. With 23 historically accurate missions and 100+ mission objectives, your experience will include all the challenges that actual pilots faced from dog-fighting, torpedo and dive bombing, carrier takeoffs and landings in a mix of intense air-to-air, air-to-ship and air-to-ground combat.
Expand your gaming experience from single-player campaign to an array of multiplayer challenges. Team up with your friends to replay all the missions in co-op mode with up to 4 players, or explore new and exclusive multiplayer modes like “Scratch One Flattop” which pits two teams against each other in a mix of fighters and bombers to see who can sink the other team’s aircraft carrier first.
* Beautifully rendered aircraft, islands, and battle scenes.
* Distinctive multiplayer flight combat gaming experiences.
* Flight Stick controller-compatible for truly immersive gameplay.
* 12+ hours of campaign missions.
* Pilot Over 30 Accurately Represented Aircraft.
* Complete missions to acquire upgrade points: Unlock new planes; improve armor, performance and weapons; change paint schemes, and more!
* Full-featured award system: Earn Xbox 360 Achievements by completing in-game challenges.
Madden NFL 13 (Xbox 360, PS3, Wii)
August 28, 2012
With Physics You Can Feel, Madden NFL 13 delivers next generation gameplay today. The all-new Infinity Engine delivers real-time physics, ensuring no two plays will ever look or feel the same. Madden NFL 13 revolutionizes the way sports video game career modes are played with Connected Careers – a completely new and fully connected universe defined by deep gameplay, unique story lines and social integration. With cutting-edge Infinity Engine technology, revolutionary Connected Careers and a complete audio and visual overhaul that delivers best in class presentation, Madden NFL 13 is undoubtedly the greatest entry in the franchise’s celebrated history.
* Physics You Can Feel: Infinity Engine: With Physics You Can Feel, Madden NFL 13 delivers Next Generation gameplay today. Powered by the all-new Infinity Engine, true player impact and authentic momentum transfer ensure that no two plays ever look or feel the same.
* Connected Careers: Live the NFL dream – whenever you want, wherever you want in a fully interactive, social, and connected online experience. Create your personal legacy or relive an all-time legend’s as you build the ultimate franchise as a coach, an NFL superstar, or yourself. Manage your team from your console, the web, or mobile phone in a 24/7 world as NFL insiders and experts analyze, praise, and criticize every move along the way.
* Xbox 360 Kinect: Control the line of scrimmage using just your voice. Both on defense and offense, Kinect on Xbox 360 gives you full control over all you pre-snap adjustments, audibles, and personnel, immersing you into the NFL like never before!
* Madden Ultimate Team: Madden NFL 13 Ultimate Team is a free-to-play game mode that perfectly combines Madden NFL Football, fantasy football, and player trading cards.
* Audio: Madden NFL 13 delivers a superb audio experience that faithfully replicates NFL Sundays with CBS Sports’ Jim Nantz and Phil Simms calling the action, QB cadences, authentic sound effects and actual on-field player chatter, all provided by NFL Films, and a fully-scored orchestral theme that conveys the emotion and excitement of professional football.
* Gameplay: With a completely redesigned passing game including new a new pass-ready system and improved play action, and the all-new read and react defensive AI system that features the most intelligent pass defense to date, Madden NFL 13 achieves greater realism on the virtual gridiron on both sides of the ball.
* Presentation: Madden NFL 13 delivers world-class presentation with an all-new living front end, dynamic in-game transitions, a live ticker, and drastically improved usability. Every game has the feel of a nationally televised broadcast with CBS Sports commentators Jim Nantz and Phil Simms calling the action from the virtual 3D booth.
* Madden Social: A whole new way to experience Madden against your friends – anytime, anywhere.
Guild Wars 2 (PC)
August 28, 2012
A full 250 years after the original Guild Wars, massive upheavals, cataclysms, and globe-spanning events have changed the world of Tyria. Human civilization is in decline. Other races are rising up, taking control over large portions of the world; the balance of power has shifted. The dragons have awoken…
* Dynamic Events: Explore an ever-changing fantasy world where your actions have a real and persistent effect on your surroundings. Dynamic events respond and change based on how you react to them. Will you defend that village from rampaging centaurs, or let it burn? The choice is yours!
* Personal Stories: Your personal story begins with key decisions you make when creating your character’s biography, and then evolves with each fateful choice you make in the game. You decide who lives, who dies, and what path you’ll walk in life, and those choices have a lasting effect on both your personal story and your private home instance.
* Action-Oriented Combat: Experience a new kind of high-impact, fast-paced combat. Attack on the move, dodge and roll away from enemy blows, team up with other players for powerful combos, take advantage of handy environmental weapons, and unleash spectacular skills and spells. Guild Wars 2 is putting the fun back into fantasy combat.
* Sprawling Dungeons: Only the most experienced groups of adventurers dare enter the dungeons, huge private adventure areas where the risks are immense but the rewards are great. Dungeons take many forms, but in each, you follow a gripping plot in story mode, and then branch into the even more challenging free-roaming explorable mode.
* Competitive PvP: Face off against small teams of other players in intense matches where skill and audacity determine the victor. Battle over key objectives on a wide variety of maps loaded with game-changing secondary objectives like cannons and trebuchets. Make a name for your team during our daily, weekly, and annual PvP tournaments.
* Worlds Collide: Prepare for battlefield combat on an epic scale! In world vs. world, armies of hundreds of players from competing servers wage war across four sprawling maps, seizing objectives and scoring points for their side. Lay siege to castles, raid enemy supply caravans, build weapons of war, and clash with other players in truly massive battles. There’s always something to do on the battlefield, and new players can start WvW right away!
Post your comments directly below! You can also discuss the latest MMA & Video Game News in the PunchDrunkGamer Forums and don’t forget to Follow PDG on Twitter @PunchDrunkGamer and Like the PDG Official Facebook Page!