Welcome to the PDG January 2013 New Video Game Release Guide
By PDG Staff
**Not much on store shelves this month gamers!**
Anarchy Reigns (Xbox 360, PS3)
January 8, 2013
Join the mayhem in an online multiplayer brawler, from the highly acclaimed developer Platinum Games, where anarchy is king! Set in the post-apocalyptic future, this game is an over-the-top close combat brawler, in a massively open and fantastical world. Pick from an imaginative mix of human and hybrid characters and set out on a challenge like no other.
* Survival of the Fittest – Battle to become the ultimate survivor as you choose from 16 characters, each with their own unique style, weapon, and signature kill move.
* 16 Player Multiplayer Action! – Experience the ultimate multiplayer action, in Battle Royal mode, where up to 16 players fi ght it out on a single map. Other modes include Death Match, Team Battle, Survival Co-op and more.
* Single Player Kickass Action – Play as Jack or Leo in the two part story-led Campaign Mode. Each player has their own unique combat style ensuring strong replayability.
* A.T.E. – The Action Trigger Events (A.T.E.) system ensures no two matches are the same by triggering real-time events. Events include blitz bombing, a plane crash and the creation of a black hole as well as many more to keep players constantly on their toes.
Borderlands 2: Hammerlock’s Big Game Hunt (PC, Xbox 360, PS3)
January 15, 2013
Grab your friends and get ready to head back to Pandora! What starts off as a relaxing hunting expedition with Sir Hammerlock soon takes a sinister turn as our Vault Hunters stumble across a new villain intent on restoring the legacy of Handsome Jack. Irresistible new loot, memorable new quests, a variety of challenging and exotic new enemies, a new vehicle and more await players as they fight their way through the never-before-seen lands of Aegrus to give this evil-doer the old one-two!
DmC – Devil May Cry (PC, Xbox 360, PS3)
January 15, 2013*
Detailing Dante’s early years and set against a contemporary backdrop, DmC Devil May Cry will retain the stylish action, fluid combat and self-assured protagonist that have defined the iconic series but inject a more brutal and visceral edge. The Dante of DmC is a young man who has no respect for authority or society in general. Dante knows that he is not human, but also that he is not like the demons that have tormented him throughout his life. Caught between worlds, he feels like an outcast. He is now discovering and coming to terms with what it means to be the child of a demon and an angel.
This split personality has a real impact on gameplay with Dante being able to call upon angel and demon abilities at will, transforming his Rebellion sword on the fly to dramatically affect both combat and movement. For DmC Capcom has teamed up with UK development studio, Ninja Theory, renown for delivering action titles with compelling characters and narrative coupled with high production values. The combination of Ninja Theory’s expertise and Capcom’s unrivalled heritage in producing combat focused action titles will ensure that this latest addition to the multi-million selling series will remain true to the Devil May Cry DNA so cherished by the fans, while bringing a new level of cinematic quality to the title.
* Do it with style – Utilize Dante’s Angel and Demon powers to chain together ground-based and aerial combos to achieve the best style ranking.
* Who is Dante? – Explore Dante’s early years in a gripping narrative featuring familiar faces from the series alongside all new characters.
* Unbridled action – The intense and iconic sword and gun based combat returns with the addition of new weapons all designed to dispatch the demonic spawn back to hell with style and panache.
* Retaining the Devil May Cry DNA – Capcom staff, including team members from previous Devil May Cry titles, have been assigned to the project from the outset to ensure DmC is a true addition to the Devil May Cry franchise.
* Unrivalled production values – Ninja Theory will take advantage of the latest performance capture technology to deliver a level of character design, story-telling and cinematics that perfectly complements DmC’s high-octane combat.
*January 25th for the PC.
Post your comments directly below! You can also discuss the latest MMA & Video Game News in the PunchDrunkGamer Forums and don’t forget to Follow PDG on Twitter @PunchDrunkGamer and Like the PDG Official Facebook Page!