New Video Game Release Guide – July 2012
Last Updated on Tuesday, 3 July 2012 07:05
Written by PunchDrunkGamer
Tuesday, 3 July 2012 07:05
Welcome to the PDG July 2012 New Video Game Release Guide
By PDG Staff
The Secret World (PC)
July 3, 2012
Imagine if every myth, conspiracy theory and urban legend was true. Imagine a world where you can become anything you want to be, without restrictions such as classes or levels. This is the premise for The Secret World, Funcom’s upcoming massively multiplayer online game set in the modern-day real world.
The Secret World includes 30 days of free game time. Each additional month has a cost of $14.99 / €14.99 incl. VAT / £11.49 incl. VAT. Longer subscription cycles yield discounts to the monthly fee.
* Join a secret society and fight for your side: Choose a side. Join one of three secret societies – the Illuminati, the Dragon or the Templars – and battle with or against other players for world domination.
* No classes, no levels – total freedom of play: The Secret World has no classes or levels. It gives you complete freedom to be whoever you want to be and play however you want to play.
* Explore a vibrant, modern-day setting: The Secret World allows you to adventure through our own, modern-day world. Explore cities and adventure locations spanning across continents.
* A storyline unlike anything seen in an MMO: From the creative mind of Ragnar Tørnquist – creator of the award-winning The Longest Journey – comes a story unlike any before seen in an MMO.
* Thousands of weapons and powers: Pistols, assault rifles, black magic, fireballs, katanas, explosives – there are hundreds of different weapons and powers to use.
NCAA Football 13 (Xbox 360, PS3)
July 10, 2012
With a new passing system that changes the way quarterbacks and receivers play and respond, combined with a new read and react defensive AI system, NCAA Football 13 delivers greater realism on the virtual gridiron. Passing is more important than ever in the realm of collegiate football, and NCAA Football 13 has taken great strides to give users unparalleled control over this element of the game. Total Control Passing allows quarterbacks to lead their receivers into open space, and reconfigured passing trajectories to allow QBs to drop their passes in between layers of coverage without leading receivers out of bounds and while also maintaining a realistic throwing velocity.
Passing isn’t the only revamped element of NCAA Football 13; pass coverage has been overhauled as well. Gone are the days of “Psychic DBs” and “Super Linebackers,” as the new Read & React Defensive AI system requires defenders to see the ball before they make a play on it. This means defenders will react in a much more realistic manner, only making plays on the ball when they actually see it in the air. Now well-executed pump fakes or play action plays are more dangerous than ever, and defenders who lose track of the ball will be hard-pressed to contain their offensive counterparts.
* Sights and Sounds: Revel in the pageantry of college football game days with NCAA Football 13. Featuring new team run-outs, mascots and pre-game traditions along with significantly enhanced audio and new trophy presentations, NCAA Football 13 will deliver the passion and excitement of college football to fans across the nation.
* Gameplay: With a new passing system that changes the way quarterbacks and receivers play and respond, combined with a new read and react defensive AI system, NCAA Football 13 delivers greater realism on the virtual gridiron.
* Dynasty: NCAA Football 13’s Dynasty mode is more addictive than ever with recruiting and scouting upgrades, plus even more ways to interact with your Dynasty from the web. Game days come to life with mid-game updates featuring new studio analyst, Rece Davis, and the addition of the ESPN Bottom Line ticker to keep you up-to-date on scores relevant to your Dynasty.
* Heisman Challenge: There are familiar faces on the field in NCAA Football 13, which now features a selection of former Heisman Trophy winners. With the new Heisman Challenge mode, fans have the ability to utilize the skill set of a legendary Heisman Trophy winner in a quest to match his award-winning historical performances and win the Heisman trophy once again.
* Road to Glory: The experience of being a college football superstar is now even more exciting with a new feature in Road to Glory that allows players to see and feel the game differently during key moments, increasing on-field awareness and creating amazing opportunities.
Risen 2: Dark Waters (Xbox 360, PS3)
July 31, 2012
Many horrible years have passed since the Gods abandoned the world and the titans rose from the confines of their prisons. They devastated everything in their path with unstoppable force.
However, there is a place on the southern tip of the Old Empire which still seems safe from the clutches of the Titans – the “Crystal Fortress” in Caldera. It is the headquarters of the Inquisition and a place of refuge for the people. It is repeatedly attacked by sea monsters, and supply ships are sunk en route. Nobody knows how long the walls will hold; food and weapons are gradually running out.
The nameless hero, devastated by the developments on Faranga, now drowns his sorrows in rum in the harbor town Caldera. As the situation grows more and more dire due to the shortage of food, he sets out on a mission to put an end to the sea monsters once and for all.
During his adventurous journey he not only faces new and immense challenges, he also meets old acquaintances who help him on his quest.
* A Unique Pirate Fantasy Setting - Risen 2 features an open world complete with copious amounts of rum, firearms, dirty tricks and a brand new voodoo magic style.
* One of the Most Intense, Immersive Game Worlds Ever Created - Risen 2 will fully envelop its players in its world with a full day/night cycle, dynamic weather patterns, NPCs with daily routines who react based on your behavior, and even creature AI with routine behaviors such as scavenging and sleeping that are impacted by the time of day.
* Every Gameplay Decision Made Has a Consequence - Risen 2 allows players to shape their game experience and even the game world itself depending on their actions and choices. Your choices may change the character’s skill set, NPC relationships, or even potential quest lines.
* A True Role-Playing-Oriented Experience - A perfect blend of classical RPG gameplay and a fresh, unique underlying game world.
* Several Unique Islands - All lovingly designed by hand with no copy and paste set pieces, encourage exploration and adventure while the player hunts for secret treasures and hidden areas.
* New Visual Technology - High-res texturing, gorgeous weather, water and light/shadow effects, a fully revamped character animation system and an exhaustive NPC character model design which greatly reduces the chance of “clone” NPCs.
Post your comments directly below! You can also discuss the latest MMA & Video Game News in the PunchDrunkGamer Forums and don’t forget to Follow PDG on Twitter @PunchDrunkGamer and Like the PDG Official Facebook Page!
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
- UFC 160: Velasquez vs. Bigfoot 2 on UFC 160 – Velasquez vs. Bigfoot 2 Extended Preview
- PunchDrunkGamer on UFC 159: Jones vs. Sonnen – Main Event Preview with the PDG Guest Panel Predictions
- I am MAN on UFC 159: Jones vs. Sonnen – Extended Video Preview