Welcome to the PDG June 2012 New Video Game Release Guide
By PDG Staff
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (PS3, Xbox 360)
June 5, 2012
This new installment in the critically-acclaimed Virtua Fighter series packs a serious punch fueled by the power of the PlayStation 3 and the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system. Virtua Fighter 5 will have an all-star cast of 17 fighters, including characters from the previous iterations along with two new characters named El Blaze and Eileen. El Blaze is a Mexican fighting champion that defeats unsuspecting opponents with his lightning-quick Lucha Libre fighting style and Eileen uses a Monkey Kung Fu fighting style which she learned from her grandfather, a former Kung Fu master. Choose from an array of costumes and attachable items and then step into the ring and prove that you’re the best.
* Online Multi-Player enables players to compete worldwide with an online two-player versus mode via Xbox LIVE. (Xbox 360 only)
* Leaderboards enable players to see how they stack up against other players. (Xbox 360 only)
* Character Data Portability makes it possible to save characters created in Quest Mode via Memory Unit and play with those characters against other people’s customized characters in VS Mode on other Xbox 360 systems. (Xbox 360 only)
* Two New Characters, El Blaze and Eileen, round out the cast of 17 dynamic characters. El Blaze is a Mexican wrestling champion that uses the Lucha Libre fighting style, and Eileen, originally from China, uses a “Kou Ken” (Monkey style Kung Fu fighting style).
* Stunning, Highly-Detailed 3-D Fighting Environments inspired by locales around the world where players can challenge their opponents in unique types of arenas.
* Offensive Move lets players to easily move around their opponent from the side and back allowing players to be more strategic with their battles.
* Customize your character with the enhanced attachment system and customization engine giving players more flexibility than ever before when creating their characters.
* Next Gen Presentation includes HD resolution widescreen and 5.1-channel Dolby Digital surround.
End of Nations (PC)
June 12, 2012
Join the global war in End of Nations, the massive online strategy game from Trion Worlds and Petroglyph Games. Wage sprawling 56-player battles in real locales, shoulder-to-shoulder with other Commanders. Fight to shatter the grip of the oppressive Order of Nations and ensure your faction prevails. Command, control, customize with millions of ways to play, the strategy is uniquely yours!
The world is at peace… until unexpected financial collapse sweeps standing governments from control. Amid anarchy and terrorism, the United Nations restores order and takes over much of the world under their new name: the Order of Nations. Two groups, the Liberation Front and the Shadow Revolution, rise to fight to topple the Order of Nations, and each other. Chaos reigns. Fight for freedom or fight for control. This is the End of Nations.
* Global Persistent Conflict – The Order of Nations has taken control of the world and rules with an iron fist, destroying anything or anyone that stands in its way. Play as one of two factions in a battle for power, influence, and territory in the persistent global war. Choose your side and join the battle!
* Free to Play – Freedom isn’t free, but End of Nations is. Join this massive online strategy game that’s free to download, free to play, free to enjoy, and never pay to win.
* Customization – End of Nations allows you to fully customize your strategy and tactics. Choose and modify your units, abilities, and superweapons, and tailor your Companies to fit your mission and play style. You are the commander.
Lollipop Chainsaw (PS3, Xbox 360)
June 12, 2012
Bursting with sex, blood, and rock ‘n roll, Lollipop Chainsaw is the ‘un-deadly’ story of a sweet and killer zombie hunter and her quest to uncover the root of a colossal zombie outbreak. With her wickedly awesome chainsaw in hand, Juliet slices, dice and splits her way through hordes of the undead, but soon realizes the horde is only the opening act to a festival of zombie rock lords determined to kill the chainsaw wielding cheerleader.
* Killer Heroine – Juliet Starling is an 18-year-old student with a dark secret – zombie-hunting with a killer chainsaw in hand. Juliet must balance the drama of high school while carrying out her zombie-hunting lineage.
* Gameplay Design – Celebrated game developer SUDA 51 brings his unique creative style and vision to the gameplay design, taking players through a wild ride of zombies, chainsaws, and rainbows.
* Edgy Storyline – Through an adapted script by James Gunn, Juliet must uncover the root of a colossal zombie outbreak at her school, San Romero High, but soon realizes the horde is only the opening act to a festival of zombie rock lords determined to take her down.
* Combat/Weapons – Players will hone their cheerleading acrobatics and chainsaw skills to string together devastating combo moves, taking out hordes of the undead.
* Zombie Rock Lords – San Romero High’s zombie jocks and undead faculty are the least of Juliet’s concerns when she soon realizes that she faces a bigger challenge, zombie rock lords that add a new beat’ to SUDA 51′s over-the-top boss battles.
* Head Bangin’ Music – With original music created by popular video game composer Akira Yamaoka (best known for the Silent Hill series) and collaboration with a yet-to-be announced artist, Lollipop Chainsaw features a soundtrack that’s to die for! In addition to original music, Juliet’s playlist will also include familiar songs from various musical genres.
Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor (Xbox 360)
June 19, 2012
War, inside and out Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor provides a combination of first person shooter (FPS) controller gameplay with immersive gameplay elements that only Kinect can provide.
* Take to the Battlefield – Instill fear in the enemy as the pilot of a Vertical Tank (VT), but feel fear of death as you and your crew become the focus of the enemy’s attacks.
* Brothers in Arms – Utilize Kinect to engage with fellow VT crew members as you share the emotional highs and lows of the battlefield.
* Unique Universe – Steel Battalion Heavy Armor is set in a world where the balance of power has been dramatically changed following a technology meltdown and once mighty nations are now reliant on human skill and courage to regain justice and freedom.
* Innovation – As with the original Steel Battalion, Steel Battalion Heavy Armor, once more demonstrates Capcom’s commitment to take advantage of current technologies and push development boundaries to deliver unique and compelling gaming experiences.
The Amazing Spider-Man (PS3, Xbox 360, Wii)
June 26, 2012
Harness Spider-Man’s powers with Manhattan as your playground! Set shortly after the events of Columbia Pictures’ new film, The Amazing Spider-Man throws New York City’s brand new hero back into free-roaming, web-slinging action, as he protects the Big Apple from a deluge of unimaginable threats.
* Spider-Man’s Triumphant Return to New York – Everybody’s favorite web-head is back in Manhattan with the return of the fan-favorite, free-roaming^, web-slinging gameplay.
* Web Rush: Player Choice Evolved – Players use real-time navigational and combat choices to fight crime and pull off Spidey’s signature acrobatic moves like never before.
* Find Out What Happens Next – Uncover the rest of Peter Parker’s untold story in the all-new epilogue story to the Columbia Pictures’ 2012 blockbuster theatrical release.
* Push Spider-Man’s Abilities to the Limit – Battle all-new versions of classic Super Villains as well as original, larger than life enemies – some of the biggest ever seen in a Spider-Man video game – while racing to save Manhattan.
^Free roam available on PS3 and Xbox 360 systems only.
Spec Ops: The Line (PC, PS3, Xbox 360)
June 26, 2012
It’s been 6 months since Dubai was wiped off the map by a cataclysmic sandstorm. Thousands of lives were lost, including those of American soldiers sent to evacuate the city. Today, the city lies buried under sand, the world’s most opulent ruin. Now, a mysterious radio signal is picked-up from Dubai, and a Delta Recon Team is sent to infiltrate the city. Their mission is simple: Locate survivors and radio for Evac. What they find is a city in the grip of war. To save Dubai, they’ll have to find the man at the heart of its madness – Col. John Konrad.
* A new portrayal of the military shooter experience with twisting narrative uncertainties.
* Action packed 3rd Person Shooter gameplay provides an up-close and personal view into the brutality and emotion within the combat.
* Command an intelligent and powerful squad of Delta-Force soldiers in a dangerous and unpredictable combat zone.
* Cross “The Line” in a mature story that explores the dark side of war, where there are no bright outcomes, only bad or worse choices.
* Unique Dubai setting strikes the imagination and transports players to a larger-than-life playground for vertical gameplay and stunning visuals.
* Sand-filled Dubai provides new gameplay experiences including sand avalanches, and powerful, disorienting sandstorm combat.
* Customizable, Class-Based, Blazing Multiplayer.
Post your comments directly below! You can also discuss the latest MMA & Video Game News in the PunchDrunkGamer Forums and don’t forget to Follow PDG on Twitter @PunchDrunkGamer and Like the PDG Official Facebook Page!