Welcome to the PDG May 2013 New Video Game Release Guide
By PDG Staff
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon (PSN, PS3, XBLA, PC)
Release Date: 05/01/2013
It is the future. You are Sergeant Rex Colt: Mark IV Cyber Commando. The year is 2007 and Earth has been ravaged by a nuclear war which erupted in the 90s. The east vs. west conflict has raged for generations, and humanity continues to struggle to progress after a disastrous decade. New paths for peace must be found, and the US cyborg army may have found a solution: a powerful bioweapon on a distant island. Your mission is to gather information and figure out what the hell is going on.
* A kick-ass cyber shooter – There’s only one force powerful enough to stop an army of rampaging killer cyborgs, mutated scientists, metal sharks, and vicious Blood Dragons that shoot lasers from their eyes – that force is you. Your name is Sergeant Rex Power Colt, a Mark IV Cyber Commando. Lock and load as you and your seven favorite fully customizable killing implements tackle a bizarre open world island crawling with evil. Take down the enemy with ninja stars, guns, or even just good old explosives. Your battle. Your way. Their tough luck.
* Get the girl, kill the bad guys, and save the world – As Sergeant Rex Colt, you are part man, part machine, and all American. You are a state-of-the-art Mark IV cyber commando on a mission of vengeance. You’re out to bring down your old commanding officer and his battalion of ruthless killer cyborgs, and you’ll stop at nothing to get the job done.
* Wrapped up in every cliché from the VHS era – Hollywood action icon Michael Biehn (The Terminator, Aliens, and The Abyss), returns in this explosive 1980s-style sci-fi vision of a dark future where cyborgs and mutants collide. So turn off your VCR, plug in your video game cabinet, and get ready to experience all the thrills of Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon in full stereophonic sound.
Might & Magic Heroes VI: Shades of Darkness (PC)
Release Date: 05/02/2013
A century after the tragic events in Might & Magic Heroes VI determined the heroic fate of a dynasty, Might & Magic Heroes VI Shades of Darkness recounts pivotal moments in Ashan’s darker history – in two original campaigns. These moments shall define the future of a decadent underground people and decide the survival of the dying cult of the Spider Queen! Determine the fates of two legendary factions: the Dark Elves of Dungeon and the Necromancers of Necropolis.
* Master the Powers of Darkness – Lead the new Dungeon faction on a path to define the destiny of the Dark Elves as they seek to become masters of deception, stealth, and assassination. Their future lies with Malassa, the Dragon Goddess of Darkness. Befriend her mysterious children, the Faceless, and if you dare, awaken her avatars, the legendary Black Dragons!
* New Content and Original Tactics – A new lineup of seven creatures, new Hero classes, a new town and building set, a new mount, dozens of new artifacts, abilities, and achievements. Dungeon gameplay is completely original and a tactical challenge.
* Ashan’s Darkest Paths – Play two original and thrilling campaigns starring two fan-favorite factions and their legendary Heroes pitted against villains of mythical stature. Discover the fascinating nuances of Darkness and the rich and proven fantasy setting of Might & Magic. There is always an even darker path…
* The Must-Have Might & Magic Heroes VI Expansion – Shades of Darkness is a compelling conclusion to the Might & Magic Heroes VI experience and an indispensable addition to every fan’s collection.
* Stand-Alone Expansion and Ideal Initiation – Shades of Darkness is an epic initiation for first-time players and an ideal way to discover the critically acclaimed gameplay of Might & Magic Heroes VI.
* Experience a Unique Mix of Turn-Based Strategy and RPG – Explore extra-large adventure maps, collect resources, and build extraordinary cities. Perfect your tactics and level up your Heroes, recruit troops, and lead them for combat on tactical battle maps.
* Rediscover the Richness of Might & Magic – Discover fantastic landscapes and creatures from the world of Ashan. Enjoy improved 3D designs and brand-new Town Screens.
Metro: Last Light (PC, Xbox 360, PS3)
Release Date: 05/14/2013
It is the year 2034… Beneath the ruins of post-apocalyptic Moscow, in the tunnels of the Metro, the remnants of mankind are besieged by deadly threats from outside – and within. Mutants stalk the catacombs beneath the desolate surface, and hunt amidst the poisoned skies above.
But rather than stand united, the station-cities of the Metro are locked in a struggle for the ultimate power, a doomsday device from the military vaults of D6. A civil war is stirring that could wipe humanity from the face of the earth forever. As Artyom, burdened by guilt but driven by hope, you hold the key to our survival – the last light in our darkest hour…
* A gripping, story-driven first person shooter – Metro: Last Light is the hugely anticipated sequel to 2010’s critically acclaimed cult classic Metro 2033.
* Experience thrilling combat with an exotic arsenal of hand-made weaponry against deadly foes – both human and mutant – and use stealth to launch attacks under the cover of darkness.
* Explore the post-apocalyptic world of the Moscow Metro – one of the most immersive, atmospheric game worlds ever created.
* Fight for every bullet and every last breath in a claustrophobic blend of survival horror and FPS gameplay.
* Next generation technology boasting stunning lighting and physics sets a new graphical benchmark on both console and PC.
* Wage post-apocalyptic warfare online – Last Light delivers an intense multiplayer experience amongst the dark Russian ruins.
Resident Evil: Revelations (Wii U, PS3, Xbox 360, PC)
Release Date: 05/21/2013
The fear that was originally brought to players in Resident Evil Revelations on the Nintendo 3DS system returns redefined for home consoles and PC complete with high quality HD visuals, enhanced lighting effects and an immersive sound experience. This latest version of Resident Evil Revelations will also deliver additional content including a terrifying new enemy, extra difficulty mode, integration with ResidentEvil.net and improvements to Raid Mode. Raid Mode, which was first introduced to the series in the original version of Resident Evil Revelations, sees gamers play online in co-op mode or alone in single player taking on the hordes of enemies across a variety of missions whilst leveling up characters and earning weapon upgrades. New weapons, skill sets, and playable characters including Hunk, take the Raid Mode experience to new depths.
The critically acclaimed survival horror title takes players back to the events that took place between Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 5, revealing the truth about the T-Abyss virus. Resident Evil Revelations features series favorites Jill Valentine and Chris Redfield, plus their respective BSAA partners – Parker Luciani and Jessica Sherawat. The action begins on board a supposedly abandoned cruise ship, the Queen Zenobia’, where horrors lurk around every corner, before players head for the mainland and the devastated city of Terragrigia. With limited ammo and weapons available, the race is on to survive the horror of Resident Evil Revelations.
* Enhanced for consoles – The fear that was brought to players in Resident Evil Revelations on the Nintendo 3DS system returns redefined complete with high quality HD visuals, enhanced lighting effects and an immersive sound experience.
* Classic survival horror gameplay returns – The campaign mode’s single player experience sees gamers investigating a range of different locations including the dark confined spaces of a cruise ship and the treacherous snow covered mountains. With limited ammo and weapons, fight off infected enemies that lurk around every corner.
* Hell just got hotter – Infernal Mode, a new difficulty mode for console versions, is not just more challenging than Easy and Normal modes but also remixes enemy and item placement, so even those familiar with the game will discover new terrors.
* Meet the Wall Blister – A brand new enemy , the Wall Blister is a mutated creature borne from the T-Abyss virus that spreads through water, adding to the horrors that lurk around every corner
* Residentevil.net support – Resident Evil Revelations will take full advantage of Residentevil.net with content available to users once the game launches. Earn weapons and custom parts and use them in-game, collect figures that can be used in dioramas and check your stats through the online web service.
* Improved Raid Mode – New weapons, skill sets, playable characters including Rachel and Hunk and enemies exclusive to this mode are added for the this latest version.
Call of Juarez: Gunslinger (XBLA, PC, PS3 – May 21)
Release Date: 05/22/2013
From the dust of a gold mine to the dirt of a saloon, Call of Juarez®: Gunslinger is a real homage to the Wild West tales. Live the epic and violent journey of a ruthless bounty hunter on the trail of the West’s most notorious outlaws. Blurring the lines between man and myth, this adventure made of memorable encounters unveils the untold truth behind some of the greatest legends of the Old West.
* Meet the legendary outlaws – Billy the Kid, Pat Garrett, Jesse James… Face down the West’s most notorious gunslingers and live the untold stories behind the legends.
* Experience a lawless land – Blaze a trail through the wilderness of the Old West and live an epic adventure through stunning Western landscapes.
* Dispense your own justice – With a gun holster tied to your leg, become a ruthless bounty hunter on a journey made of all-out gun battles.
* Prevail in deadly gunfights – Master the art of blasting pistols, shooting rifles and dodging bullets. Unleash lethal combos to gun down multiple enemies in split seconds.
* Become the West’s finest – Choose the specific gun-fighting skills you want to develop and acquire new shooting abilities to become the West’s finest gunslinger.
Grid 2 (PS3, Xbox 360, PC)
Release Date: 05/27/2013
Be fast, be first and be famous as the race returns in GRID 2, the sequel to the critically acclaimed, multimillion-selling GRID. Experience aggressive racing against advanced AI and become immersed in the race with GRID 2’s new TrueFeel Handling system which powers edge of control exhilaration behind the wheel of every iconic car. The next generation of the EGO Game Technology Platform delivers genre-defining visuals and jaw-dropping damage as you prove yourself across three continents in a new, evolving world of motorsport.
Earn fame, fans and fortune as you blaze your way to the top in intense, relentless races on licensed circuits, beautifully realised city streets and lethal mountain roads. GRID 2 will also set the new standard for multiplayer racing with innovative modes, an entirely separate progression system and deep integration with RaceNet, the free online extension for Codemasters Racing games. GRID 2 is racing, redefined.
* The race comes alive with GRID 2’s TrueFeel Handling system for edge-of-control exhilaration.
* Prove yourself against advanced AI in aggressive, blockbuster races packed with wow moments.
* Blaze your way to the top of a new world of motorsport.
* An extensive and separate online campaign redefines multiplayer racing games plus full RaceNet integration.
* Powered by Codemasters’ EGO Game Technology Platform for jaw-dropping damage and stunning visuals, GRID 2 sets the standard for technical excellent in racing.
* Race a handpicked selection of iconic cars that represent the best in automotive engineering from the last 40 years.
* Take on challenging licensed tracks, stunningly realised city streets and lethal mountain roads.
* Prove yourself by entering and winning events across three continents.
* Race Immersion Technology immerses you in the race like never before.
* The long-awaited sequel to the BAFTA-winning, multi-million selling Race Driver: GRID.
Post your comments directly below! You can also discuss the latest MMA and Video Game News in the PunchDrunkGamer Forums and don’t forget to Follow PDG on Twitter @PunchDrunkGamer and Like the PDG Official Facebook Page!