New Video Game Release Guide – October 2012
Last Updated on Tuesday, 2 October 2012 12:08
Written by PunchDrunkGamer
Monday, 1 October 2012 08:07
Welcome to the PDG October 2012 New Video Game Release Guide
By PDG Staff
NBA 2K13 (PC, Wii, PS3, Xbox 360)
October 2, 2012
With more than 5 million copies sold worldwide and more than 25 Sports Game of the Year awards won, NBA 2K12 was another monster release for the biggest NBA video game simulation franchise in the world. This year, 2K Sports has joined forces with the legendary JAY Z as Executive Producer to transcend sports video games and take virtual hardwood to the next level. Featuring an enhanced MyCAREER mode and all-new gameplay features, NBA 2K13 will let gamers pit the best players in NBA history against the new dynasty of talent, including the much-debated matchup between the 2012 U.S. Men’s National Team and the 1992 “Dream Team”.
* Four Additional Game Modes - Bundled together for the first time ever, players can participate in an all-new Sprite Slam Dunk Contest, Three-Point Contest, the Rising Stars Challenge game and the NBA All-Star Game.
* Sprite Slam Dunk Contest - New, immersive, pick-up-and-play mechanics give gamers more control than ever before. Take to the air and unleash a series of button combinations to complete devastating slam dunks.
* Past vs. Present - Who is the better dunker – Michael Jordan or Blake Griffin? Who is the more cold-blooded shooter from outside – Derrick Rose or Kevin Durant? These questions will be answered in the NBA 2K13 All-Star downloadable content. Match the stars of today against the game’s greatest legends in both the Sprite Slam Dunk Contest and Three-Point Contest modes.
* Rising Stars Challenge - Compete with the future stars of the NBA in this mode featuring NBA rookies and sophomores.
* All-Star Game - It’s East vs. West in this midseason battle for conference bragging rights.
* Dynamic Updates - Rosters for the Rising Stars Challenge and All-Star Game will dynamically update to the 2013 rosters once the participants are announced.
Resident Evil 6 (PS3, Xbox 360)
October 2, 2012
It has been over ten years since the Raccoon City incident and the President of the United States has decided to reveal the truth behind what took place in the belief that it will curb the current resurgence in bioterrorist activity. Due to be by the President’s side is his personal friend and Raccoon City survivor, Leon S. Kennedy, but when the venue suffers a bioterrorist attack, Leon is forced to face a President transformed beyond recognition and make his hardest ever decision.
At the same time, Bioterrorism Security Assessment Alliance member Chris Redfield arrives in China, itself under threat of a bioterrorist attack. With no country safe from these attacks and the ensuing outbreaks, the entire world’s population is united by a common fear that there is no hope left.
In a first for the franchise, Resident Evil 6 sees series favorites Leon and Chris come together to face this unprecedented threat. They will be joined by new characters, each with their own unique perspective and involvement, in this relentless dramatic horror experience enacted on a global scale.
* Horror on a global scale - No longer confined to a specific location, the outbreak of the C-virus is worldwide with the action taking place in North America, Eastern Europe and China.
* Multiple characters and intertwined storylines - Experience the horror playing as Leon S. Kennedy, Chris Redfield, and Jake Muller with their respective partners.
* Solo or co-op - Resident Evil 6 delivers both single and co-op gameplay either offline or online.
* A new challenge - Confront the results of the C-virus in all its varied and deadly forms:
- Zombies make a return to the Resident Evil series, but can now run, jump at players and even use weapons, making them far more challenging than in previous games.
- The enemy creatures known as J’avo first came to prominence in the conflict zone of Eastern Europe and have the ability to regenerate when injured; furthermore, if J’avo take substantial damage to a particular area, they can mutate the affected body part into a variety of different forms, meaning players will have to rethink their strategy and adapt to this unpredictability.
- The C-virus has also given rise to the Chrysalide, which take the mutation process even further as they can undergo a full metamorphosis; spawning a whole host of horrific creatures.
* Mercenaries returns - Players will once more be able to enjoy the highly popular Mercenaries Mode.
* Redesigned control system - Resident Evil 6 features an evolved control system allowing players to shoot while moving; slide; roll in any direction and to take cover, along with the addition of an enhanced melee attack.
* Localized voice over - Resident Evil 6 will include fully localized voice over in English, French, German, Spanish and Italian as well as subtitles in Japanese, Russian, Polish, Brazilian and Portuguese.
Dishonored (PC, PS3, Xbox 360)
October 9, 2012
Dishonored is an immersive first-person action game that casts you as a supernatural assassin driven by revenge. Creatively eliminate your targets with the flexible combat system as you combine the numerous supernatural abilities, weapons and unusual gadgets at your disposal. Pursue your enemies under the cover of darkness or ruthlessly attack them head on with weapons drawn. Regardless of your actions, the outcome of each mission plays out based on the choices you make.
Set in Dunwall, an industrial whaling city where strange technology and otherworldly mysticism coexist in the shadows. You are the once-trusted bodyguard of the beloved Empress. Framed for her murder, you become an infamous assassin, known only by the disturbing mask that has become your calling card. In a time of uncertainty, when the city is being besieged by plague and ruled by an oppressive government armed with neo-industrial technologies, dark forces conspire to bestow upon you abilities beyond those of any common man – but at what cost? The truth behind your betrayal is as murky as the waters surrounding the city, and the life you once had is gone forever.
* Improvise and Innovate – Approach each assassination with your own style of play. Use shadow and sound to your advantage to make your way silently through levels unseen by foes, or attack enemies head-on as they respond to your aggressiveness. The flexible combat system allows you to creatively combine your abilities, supernatural powers and gadgets as you make your way through the levels and dispatch your targets. Improvise and innovate to define your play style.
* Action with Meaning – The world of Dishonored reacts to how you play. Move like a ghost and resist corruption, or show no mercy and leave a path of destruction in your wake. Decide your approach for each mission, and the outcomes will change as a result. Supernatural Abilities Teleport for stealth approaches, possess any living creature, or stop time itself to orchestrate unearthly executions! Combining your suite of supernatural abilities and weapons opens up even more ways to overcome obstacles and eliminate targets. The game’s upgrade system allows for the mastery of deadly new abilities and devious gadgets.
* A City Unlike Any Other – Enter an original world envisioned by Half-Life 2 art director Viktor Antonov. Arkane and Bethesda bring you a world where industry and mysticism collide, creating an atmosphere thick with intrigue. The world is yours to discover.
Medal of Honor Warfighter (PC, PS3, Xbox 360)
October 23, 2012
Written by active U.S. Tier 1 Operators while deployed overseas and inspired by real world threats, Medal of Honor Warfighter delivers an aggressive, gritty, and authentic experience that puts gamers in the boots of today’s most precise and disciplined warrior. Medal of Honor Warfighter is an up close and personal look at today’s battlefield and the fight against the ongoing global terror threat.
Following on the heels of 2010′s Medal of Honor that took the game series out of World War II and introduced players to today’s most elite U.S. warriors, Medal of Honor Warfighter takes players out of Afghanistan to continue to experience gameplay missions with a dotted line to real world incursions. This is Tier 1 on a global scale, featuring real world hotspots and (in multiplayer) features international Tier 1 Operators.
Medal of Honor Warfighter tells the story of U.S. Tier 1 Operator, “Preacher” as he returns home from overseas only to find his family torn apart from years of overseas deployment. Trying to pick up the pieces to salvage what remains of his marriage, Preacher is reminded of what he’s fighting for – family. But, when an extremely deadly form of explosive (PETN) penetrates civilian borders and his two worlds collide, Preacher and his fellow teammates are sent in to solve the problem. They take the fight to the enemy and do whatever it takes to protect their loved ones from harm.
* Dotted Line to Real World Events - From rescuing hostages in Abu Sayyaf’s stronghold in Basilan, Philippines to assaulting Al-Shabaab’s “Pirate Town” on the Somali Coast, gamers step into the boots of Tier 1 Operators as they hunt down the global threat of PETN. Medal of Honor Warfighter is the only game that gives players a view into these real world events and lets them experience the action as it might have unfolded.
* The Power of Frostbite 2 - Leveraging the power of the ground-breaking Frostbite 2 engine, Medal of Honor Warfighter delivers incredible video and audio fidelity to enhance the intensity of the battle and deliver this year’s most authentic war experience.
* War is Personal for the Entire Family - Medal of Honor Warfighter goes beyond the battlefield and reveals the heartbreaking side of war, told through the eyes of military families. With a story written by Operators from this community, Medal of Honor Warfighter unveils intimate insights into the sacrifices of the warriors on the ground – and their families.
* National Pride Online with Global Tier 1 - Internationally, allied military forces also possess their own elite units with similar capabilities. With Medal of Honor Warfighter gamers can represent their nation’s Tier 1 Operators on the global battlefield. For the first time, the Medal of Honor brand introduces multi-national Tier 1 blue-vs-blue team play where the world’s best of the best warriors go head-to-head in combat. The game features 12 different Tier 1 units from a variety of nations including the British SAS, Australian SASR, German KSK and Polish GROM.
* One Studio, One Vision - Developed by Danger Close Games in Los Angeles, California, Medal of Honor Warfighter sees the return of key development leads who helped reboot the multi-platinum hit in 2010. The core team is bolstered by industry veterans who hail from DICE, Treyarch and more. Together, this team is united behind a single vision for the game – authenticity, respect and honor for today’s warfighters, with real emotion, real threats and a game designed to highlight the extraordinary nature of the material.
Cabela’s Dangerous Hunts 2013 (Wii, PS3, Xbox 360)
October 23, 2012
In an epic story written by Andrew Kreisberg of Fringe, two brothers are torn apart after the death of their father at the hands of a grizzly bear. Ten years later, the estranged brothers reunite for the hunt of their lives. One beast tore them apart. Can another beast bring them back together? Play with the all-new Top Shot Fearmaster, which tracks your heart rate (X360 and PS3 only) to add a whole new level of reality and dynamic gameplay. Will you be able to control your fear long enough to fend off the deadly beasts?
In Cabela’s Dangerous Hunts 2013 you get Deadlier Predators, Deadlier Hunts:
* Smarter and Deadlier Predators - The new Prowler animal AI engine simulates pack social hierarchies, coordinates complex group tactics and takes advantage of the surroundings to set up deadly ambushes.
* New Maneater Co-op Mode - Two players can join together to take on wave after wave of increasingly deadly beasts in the all-new split screen Maneater mode.
* Master Your Fear - Armed with the new Top Shot Fearmaster controller, control your heart rate to increase your accuracy, deal more damage, or slow down time to line up the perfect kill shot. Available for the Xbox 360 and PS3 systems.
Can you hold your own against the most vicious beasts the animal kingdom has to offer? Find out in Cabela’s Dangerous Hunts 2013!
Need for Speed Most Wanted (PC, PS3, Xbox 360)
October 30, 2012
To be Most Wanted, you’ll need to outrun the cops, outdrive your friends, and outsmart your rivals. With a relentless police force gunning to take you down, you’ll need to make split second decisions. Use the open world to your advantage to find hiding spots, hit jumps and earn new vehicles to keep you one step ahead.
In true Criterion Games fashion, your friends are at the heart of your experience. In an open world with no menus or lobbies, you’ll be able to instantly challenge your friends and prove your driving skill in a variety of seamless multiplayer events. Your rivals will do everything they can to stop you from getting to the top. In this world, there can only be one Most Wanted.
* Open World Action - Lose the cops – your way. Hit jumps and shortcuts, lay low, or shake the cops in surroundings that play to your car’s unique strengths. Freedom is everything. Drive anywhere with your friends, discover hidden gameplay or utilize your knowledge of the city to beat them in a never-ending supply of challenges.
* Non-Stop Multiplayer - Pick a car, hook up with friends and jump into a non-stop playlist of tight, competitive events. No lobby screens means the action never stops. Score big, rank up and earn endless rewards and upgrades. Keep the fierce rivalries going between events with endless opportunities to race, battle and explore in a huge open world.
* Beat Your Friends - Autolog 2 ratchets up the intense competition with personalized race recommendations and feeds broadcasting all of your most newsworthy scores, speeds and times to your friends. Earn Need for Speed points at all times on any system as you try to outdrive your friends and become the Most Wanted.
* Racing Without Rules - It’s survival of the fastest as Need for Speed Most Wanted fuses the franchise’s, authentic “real car” feel with the intense speed and aggression of Burnout. Power down, slide out, and battle your way past cops and rivals using pure driving skill, and heavy doses of nitrous.
WWE ’13 (Wii, PS3, Xbox 360)
October 30, 2012
It takes blood, sweat, and tears to become the best in the world. And if you want to rise to the top on your terms, you better bring the Attitude, and ignite a revolution. Last summer, one man revolutionized the sports entertainment industry. In a legendary moment at the end of Monday Night Raw, CM Punk shook up WWE and a hero was born.
Fifteen years ago, the legendary “Stone Cold” Steve Austin revolutionized entertainment, sparking a new generation of supporters with his relentless Attitude. Now, a new crusade is upon us, and it doesn’t start with an iconic WWE Superstar on television, online, or at a live event. WWE ’13 is imminent, and it’s time to Live the Revolution.
* WWE Live - Experience the atmosphere, spectacle and fervor of a WWE live event through attention-grabbing Spectacular Moments, including ring breaks and barricade crashes, along with a brand new audio system designed to produce the most authentic and vibrant commentary, sound effects and crowd participation levels ever experienced in a WWE videogame.
* Relive the Attitude Era - You have heard the legendary stories and witnessed the history. Now, for the first time, return to an unparalleled and groundbreaking era in WWE history – a time of pure raucousness, grandiose personalities and colossal revolution – through a franchise-first single player campaign focused on eight purveyors of attitude during the famed “Monday Night Wars,” including WWE Hall of Famer “Stone Cold” Steve Austin.
* WWE Universe 3.0 - Control the virtual WWE experience like never before in the franchise’s popular career-style mode, as individual decisions throughout gameplay will dynamically introduce matches, alliances, rivalries and unpredictable moments along the path toward becoming a WWE champion.
* Predator Technology 2.0 - Driven by new animations, transitions and modified controls, Predator Technology returns to deliver intelligent, fluid and engaging WWE action, resulting in a smoother gameplay experience than its franchise predecessors.
* Create and Share your - Utilize the franchise’s industry-defining Creation Suite to develop and customize Superstars, arenas, entrances, finishing moves, storylines, and more! Go online and upload your creations to share them with the WWE Universe and download creations from others to add to your own experience.
* Distinguished Roster - Compete with a vast array of WWE Superstars and Attitude Era luminaries from the largest roster in franchise history, including cover Superstar CM Punk, “Stone Cold” Steve Austin, Sheamus, Undertaker, Mankind, Chris Jericho, Big Show and Mark Henry.
* Surprises in Store - Live the Revolution through future announcements, including additional game features, a comprehensive roster reveal, downloadable content and big surprises.
Assassin’s Creed III (PS3, Xbox 360)
October 30, 2012
Set against the backdrop of the American Revolution in the late 18th century, Assassin’s Creed III introduces a new hero, Ratohnaké:ton, of Native American and English heritage. Adopting the name Connor, he becomes the new voice for justice in the ancient war between the Assassins and Templars.
Players become an Assassin in the war for liberty against ruthless tyranny in the most stylized and fluid combat experiences in the franchise to date. Assassin’s Creed III spans the Revolutionary War, taking gamers from the vibrant, untamed frontier to bustling colonial towns and the intense, chaotic battlefields where George Washington’s Continental Army clashed with the imposing British Army.
Assassin’s Creed III is powered by Ubisoft-AnvilNext, a revolutionary new game engine that delivers breakthroughs in visual quality, character models and artificial intelligence. Assassin’s Creed III will feature a ground-breaking level of stunning graphics that bring Colonial America to life.
* As a Native American Assassin - Eliminate your enemies with guns, bows, tomahawks, and more!
* From bustling city streets to the chaotic battlefields - Play a critical role in the most legendary events of the American Revolution including the Battle of Bunker Hill and Great Fire of New York.
* Experience the truth behind the most gruesome war in history - The American Revolution.
* Introducing the Anvil Next game engine - The stunning new technology that will revolutionize gaming with powerful graphics, lifelike animations, immersive combat, and advanced physics.
Post your comments directly below! You can also discuss the latest MMA & Video Game News in the PunchDrunkGamer Forums and don’t forget to Follow PDG on Twitter @PunchDrunkGamer and Like the PDG Official Facebook Page!