New Video Game Release Guide – September 2012
Last Updated on Wednesday, 5 September 2012 09:42
Written by PunchDrunkGamer
Wednesday, 5 September 2012 09:42
Welcome to the PDG September 2012 New Video Game Release Guide
By PDG Staff
NHL 13 (Xbox 360, PS3)
September 11, 2012
Featuring the biggest innovation for the franchise in six years, NHL 13 accurately captures the speed, creativity, and strategy of today’s NHL with revolutionary True Performance Skating. Sync up with friends with the real-world of hockey in GM Connected, the first-ever online multiplayer dynasty mode with cooperative and Online Team Play, or relive the greatest moments from today’s NHL in NHL Moments Live. With core gameplay innovation, connected experiences, and the deepest feature set ever, NHL 13 is the definitive hockey experience.
* All-New True Performance Skating - Driven by real-world physics and more than 1,000 new gameplay animations, True Performance Skating authentically replicates the explosiveness, momentum, and top-end speed of today’s NHL players. With a new layer of creativity added in-game, combined with control offered by the Skill Stick, you now have the entire toolset of an NHL player at your fingertips.
* EA SPORTS Hockey I.Q. - With a completely overhauled A.I. system players are now fully aware of others on the ice, resulting in quicker, smarter, and more true-to-life decision-making. EA SPORTS Hockey IQ also delivers the deepest and most customizable set of real-world hockey systems and strategies ever.
* All-New GM Connected - The franchise’s most popular mode connects you and friends with the real world of hockey, allowing you to manage, play, or coach in a 30-team, human-controlled league. You can also take your GM Connected experience with you using the mobile companion app, ensuring that you’ll never miss a single moment.
* NHL Moments Live - Rewrite or relive history as you replay some of the most thrilling moments from today’s NHL. From Gagner’s historic eight-point night and Crosby’s epic return to the ice to new moments that are added throughout the season, you’ll always be challenged to see if you have what it takes to play like a star.
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (Xbox 360, PS3)
September 11, 2012
We Are Tekken Never Underestimate The Heart Of A Champion. The Original Tag Team Fighter That Started It All Is Back. Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Delivers New And Returning Characters In The Largest Roster Ever. Experience The Most Advanced Attack Mechanics, Ultimate Combo Move Sets And New Battle Modes. With Innovative Features To Broaden Tekken Consumer Accessibility, Unlimited Fighter Combinations &Amp; Multiple Ways To Challenge Your Friends – Get Ready For The Next Battle!
* Multiplayer Match - Challenge Your Friends In A 2-On-2 Tag-Team Battle, 1-On-1 Or 1-On-2.
* Pair Play - Up To 4 Players Can Each Control A Character In The Ultimate Team Battle.
* Fight Lab - All New Mode To Customize Combot’S Appearance & For The First Time Ever, His Moves.
* Largest Playable Roster - More Than 50 Characters To Choose From.
* New Stages - Fight In Your Favorite Countries Around The World.
* Environmental Fx - Clothing Condition Alters In Real-Time With Water & Dirt Effects.
* New Moves - Each Character Expands Their Fight Arsenal With Explosive New Tag-Throws & Tag-Combos.
* Online Features - All-New Features Bring The Community Together Like Never Before.
* Offline Battle Modes - Re-Live The Classic Arcade Mode, Train In A First-Class Practice Mode, Customize Your Team/Character Appearance & Much More.
Borderlands 2 (PC, Xbox 360, PS3)
September 18, 2012
A new era of shoot and loot is about to begin. Play as one of four new vault hunters facing off against a massive new world of creatures, psychos and the evil mastermind, Handsome Jack. Make new friends, arm them with a bazillion weapons and fight alongside them in 4 player co-op or split-screen on a relentless quest for revenge and redemption across the undiscovered and unpredictable living planet.
Borderlands 2 follows the story of four new Vault Hunters as they fight to free Pandora from the clutches of Handsome Jack, the brilliant, charismatic, and utterly despicable CEO of the Hyperion Corporation. Players will fight across the whole of Pandora to stop Jack from awakening an ancient alien evil known only as “the Warrior.” Their quest will bring them into contact with some familiar faces from the old game – most notably, the original four Vault Hunters: Roland, Lilith, Brick and Mordecai. They, along with some brand new characters, will help players defeat Jack, destroy the Warrior, and save Pandora.
* All-New Characters and Classes - Choose from all new characters and classes including the Gunzerker, who can dual-wield any two weapons in the game. Dual machine guns? Cool. Dual rocket launchers? Of course! Dual Sniper Rifles? Sure, if that’s your thing!
* Play Online with Friends - Share your adventures with friends both online and via LAN through a seamless system enabling you to drop in and drop out of a campaign without ever having to restart the game.
* World Connected Story - Left for dead in the frozen tundra of Pandora, begin your quest of revenge and redemption as the story drives you closer to the Hyperion Corporation and its evil founder, Handsome Jack.
* New Badass Gun System - Millions upon millions of possible weapons means tons of new and innovative ways to engage foes on Pandora. Fire, electricity, corrosive acid, and more will all be at your disposal.
* 87 Bazillion… Everything - It’s not just guns on Pandora, you will lust after procedurally generated shields,grenades, alien artifacts, class mods and much, much more.
* Brand new environments - From the arctic tundra, through the dangerous grasslands, past the mysterious corrosive caverns to beyond, discover more of the unpredictable world of Pandora at every turn!
* Brand new enemies - Hulking, gorilla-like Bullymongs, vicious predatory Stalkers and the Hyperion mechanical army, run by Handsome Jack, are just some of the new enemies you will face.
F1 2012 (PC, Xbox 360, PS3)
September 18, 2012
In F1 2012 players will feel the unparalleled thrill of becoming a FORMULA ONE driver with a host of new features, wide-ranging technical and gameplay advancements and extensive competitive and co-operative multiplayer components. F1 2012 will feature all of the official teams, drivers and circuits from the 2012 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, including the debut of the 2012 FORMULA 1 UNITED STATES GRAND PRIX at Austin, Texas and the return of Germany’s famous Hockenheim circuit to the calendar.
* Features all the stars, cars and circuits from the 2012 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP.
* The next game in the BAFTA award-winning series from Codemasters Racing Studios.
* Prove yourself in split-screen, co-op championships and online against 16 players plus 8 AI to simulate full 24 car grids.
* Debut ahead of the drivers at the new Circuit of The Americas, home of the 2012 FORMULA 1 UNITED STATES GRAND PRIX.
* Make race-defining strategy calls as localized weather dynamically changes circuit conditions.
* Test yourself against the greats – take on six Drivers’ World Champions in dramatic racing challenges in Champions Mode.
* New Young Driver Test includes new tutorials to learn how to master motorsport’s most responsive cars.
* Can you hunt down glory in just ten races in Season Challenge?
* Use KERS and DRS for new attack and defense options –speed past rivals and defend your line.
* Race wheel-to-wheel with stars like Sebastian Vettel, Lewis Hamilton and Fernando Alonso.
FIFA Soccer 13 (PC, Xbox 360, PS3)
September 25, 2012
FIFA 13 delivers the largest and deepest feature set in the history of the franchise. Five game-changing innovations create a true battle for possession, deliver freedom and creativity in attack, and capture all the drama and unpredictability of real-world football. Key features include Attacking Intelligence, FIFA 13 Complete Dribbling, FIFA 13 1st Touch Control, Tactical Free Kicks, refined fundamental, the expansion of the player impact engine and complete authenticity with over 500 officially licensed clubs and more than 15,000 players.
* Attacking Intelligence - All-new positioning intelligence wires attacking players with the intelligence to analyze plays, and to position themselves to create new attacking opportunities.
* FIFA 13 Complete Dribbling - Make every touch matter with the control to be more creative in attack, and the freedom to exploit 1v1 opportunities.
* FIFA 13 1st Touch Control - A new trapping system eliminates near-perfect control for every player by creating uncertainty around trapping.
* Player Impact Engine - The second generation of the award-winning physics engine expands physical play from collisions for the ball to off-the-ball battles, giving defenders more tools to win back possession.
* Tactical Free Kicks - Create dangerous and unpredictable free kicks utilizing the most skillful players on the pitch. Position up to three attacking players over the ball and confuse opponents with dummy runs, more passing options, and more elaborate free kicks
* New Passes - Two new passing options give players the ability to dink passes over the outstretched leg of a defender or loft through balls to teammates.
* FIFA 13 Fundamentals - Essential elements have been refined to make the experience more authentic. Referees will now make better decisions awarding fouls and cards, goalkeeper intelligence has been improved, and Tactical Defending has added lateral mobility for players in defensive containment
* Complete Authenticity - Over 500 officially licensed clubs and more than 15,000 players.
Dead or Alive 5 (Xbox 360, PS3)
September 25, 2012
In DEAD OR ALIVE 5, players will once again take on the roles of the cast of DEAD OR ALIVE fighters in an intense, action packed brawler set in visually striking locations from around the world. The famed DOA hand-to-hand combat returns, supported by completely new 3D stages that update the series’ characteristic style with a fresh look and feel.
DOA5 stages are more than spectacular visual backdrops, instead playing to a fighter’s strengths. As a fight progresses, the backdrop will change and interact with players. Skilled fighters will be able to utilize these dynamic stages to pit their opponents against fresh obstacles to create a new fighting experience. This fusion of combat and dynamically changing backdrops is a formula for the evolution of fighting games as “Fighting Entertainment”.
With a sensual yet realistic style, DEAD OR ALIVE 5 characters are rendered in incredibly lifelike detail. From smooth, lithe muscles to emotive facial expressions, every character comes to life. Characters can even perspire as they fight, with realistic depiction of wet skin, damp hair, and moist, semi-translucent clothing as the match progresses.
Along with a rich array of single player modes including story mode, DOA5 offers new online options with arcade-style matches, tournaments, and social features. Players can be paired into one-off matches or work their way up the leaderboards for the honor and prestige of competing in global tournaments, the resulting matches of which can be watched by any player as a learning tool.
No longer content to be eye candy with a deadly kick, the female fighters of DEAD OR ALIVE 5 show a whole new level of character and style. The unique style of each fighter, both male and female, will be accentuated by their individual personalities as they battle with a new look and feel for an intense new generation of DEAD OR ALIVE combat.
* Intense DOA Fighting - DOA5 expands the signature fighting style for which the series is known with a variety of new martial arts techniques and styles.
* Realistic and Sensual Graphics - Characters come alive with a new visual style combining stunning realism with a warm, naturalistic feel that conveys every facet of each character – from raw power to sleek sensuality.
* Dream Lineup - Play as Ryu Hayabusa, Hayate, Ayane, and Hitomi as well as numerous additional characters yet to be announced.
* Dynamic New Interactive 3D Stages - More than a backdrop, spectacular locations from around the world provide a changing and interactive showcase for deadly battles.
* New Finishing Moves - Use power blows to interactively trigger the Danger Zone of a stage, including crashing cars, collapsing glaciers, and an exploding oil rig – distract your opponent or drive him into danger.
* Online Battles - A full-fledged online experience awaits players that allows for both beginners and experts to compete head to head in a variety of playing fields and battle modes.
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 (PC, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii)
September 25, 2012
This fall Pro Evolution Soccer strides back onto the pitch to showcase dazzling new skills. Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 returns to the roots of football with unique levels of control plus major emphasis on the individual style of the world’s best players. Thanks to feedback from dedicated fans, PES2013 offers total freedom to play any kind of ball, which for the first time includes full control over shooting and the first touch. Endorsed by Cristiano Ronaldo, PES will continue to push boundaries, perfectly reflecting the genius of top level players and capturing the essence of modern teamwork. The result will be the most faithful recreation of modern day soccer to date.
* PES FC Puts the Control In Your Hands – Full control takes PES gameplay to a new level:
- Players now have the freedom to dribble, and pass however they choose.
- Dynamic first touch allows fans to trap and move the ball to create flowing movement.
- Response defending vastly improves the accuracy, timing and options to break up play.
* Introducing Player ID – A distinct identity:
- The physical features and skill sets of the world’s top footballers have been faithfully recreated.
- Celebrations, actions and goal keeper animations are now more tailored to real life than ever.
* Introducing ProActive AI – The AI engine under-goes another massive year over year improvement:
- ProActive AI means player and team decisions and movement are refined even further.
- Balance between attack and defense is honed and speed adjusted for greater realism and control.
- The PES team worked with real life goal keepers to improve motions ad GK logic to improve animations and quality of GK responses.
Post your comments directly below! You can also discuss the latest MMA & Video Game News in the PunchDrunkGamer Forums and don’t forget to Follow PDG on Twitter @PunchDrunkGamer and Like the PDG Official Facebook Page!
One comment on “New Video Game Release Guide – September 2012”
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
- UFC 160: Velasquez vs. Bigfoot 2 on UFC 160 – Velasquez vs. Bigfoot 2 Extended Preview
- PunchDrunkGamer on UFC 159: Jones vs. Sonnen – Main Event Preview with the PDG Guest Panel Predictions
- I am MAN on UFC 159: Jones vs. Sonnen – Extended Video Preview