View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 UFC 157: Rousey vs Carmouche - Live Results & Event Coverage 
FORUM ADMIN
FORUM ADMIN

UFC 157: Rousey vs. Carmouche - Live Results and Event Coverage
February 23, 2013
Honda Center
Anaheim, California

**Welcome to PunchDrunkGamer for our fight-by-fight updates and Live Official Results, the Preliminary Card is over but now the Main Card begins on Pay-Per-View.**

UFC 157: Rousey vs. Carmouche - Fight Card:

Main Card (Pay-Per-View):

UFC women's bantamweight title bout:
Ronda Rousey def. Liz Carmouche via Submission (Arm-Bar) Round 1 (4:49)

- Carmouche put up one hell of a fight but Rousey kept working and got the submission at the end of the round to retain the title.

Lyoto Machida def. Dan Henderson via Decision - Split (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)

Urijah Faber def. Ivan Menjivar via Submission (Standing RNC) Round 1 (4:34)

Court McGee def. Josh Neer via Decision - Unanimous (30-27 all judges)

Robbie Lawler def. Josh Koscheck via TKO (Punches/GnP) Round 1 (3:57)

Preliminary Card (FX):

Brendan Schaub def. Lavar Johnson via Decision - Unanimous (30-27 all judges)

Mike Chiesa def. Anton Kuivanen via Submission (RNC) Round 2 (2:29)

Dennis Bermudez def. Matt Grice via Decision - Split (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)

Sam Stout def. Caros Fodor via Decision - Split (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)

Preliminary Card (UFC Facebook):

Kenny Robertson def. Brock Jardine via Submission (Leg-Lock) Round 1 (2:57)

Neil Magny def. Jon Manley via Decision - Unanimous (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)

Nah-Shon Burrell def. Yuri Villefort via Decision - Unanimous (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)

**Check below for UFC 157: Rousey vs. Carmouche related articles, videos, photos and more!**

Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:30 pm
Profile WWW
FORUM ADMIN
FORUM ADMIN

PunchDrunkGamer's UFC Main Event Guest Panel Picks:

Shayna “The Queen of Spades” Baszler (15-8, FCF Women’s Bantamweight Grand Prix Champion) – "As a female, and this fight being in my weight class, we need this to be a stellar fight. Regardless of who wins, this has to be a barn burner. We can't have another 30 second armbar by Rousey. There are many people that will be watching that wouldn't otherwise watch a women's fight and it needs to be showcased that they can scrap. That being said, I think Rousey wins."

Ricky Lundell (Head Instructor University of Grappling in Utah) – "This is going to be an incredible night for the history of mixed martial arts. Ronda Rousey has been so dominant in her last fights that you can't help but side with the champ right now."

Duane "Bang" Ludwig (21-14, Head Coach Team Alpha Male) - "I'm just surprised that the first women's bout is the headliner but if your going to do it, do it right! No prediction other than I hope it is a great fight!"

Matt Lindland (22-9, US Olympic Silver Medalist) – "This is great that Ronda and Liz will be making history. I am happy to see that the women have come this far in the sport to being able to compete at this level. I only see this fight ending one way, Ronda by arm-bar and I expect it to be in the first round unless she is just going to try and get some more air time on PPV."

Phil "The New York Badass" Baroni (15-16, UFC, Strikeforce and PRIDE veteran) - "This is Rousey's fight to win and I will take her to win via arm-bar. I just hope she doesn't over-estimate her boxing training and that she does what she does best, judo and submissions. Rousey should be in top shape after training up at Big Bear the way the old Tito Ortiz did. She is an elite competitor as she showed in the Olympics. Yeah the pressure is on but she is used to it. Carmouche is a huge dog in this fight but a live one at that. This wouldn't be the first time an expected victor blew up in the UFC's face but I think Carmouche will find herself a 'deer in the headlights' with UFC jitters and Rousey will arm-bar her in round 1."

Dan Henderson vs. Lyoto Machida - Guest Panel Picks:

Nate "The Rock" Quarry (12-4, http://www.zombiecagefighter.com) – "The match up I'm most excited about this weekend is Machida vs Hendo. Machida has shown over and over that his speed and footwork are second to none. He's going to set the pace by moving in and out. Danny's key will be landing the H-bomb when Machida comes in. Machida is very tough to take down but is great with throws and trips. He bounces away, then bounces in to land very straight punches. In my opinion, Machida has one of the most boring fight styles since he refuses to "mix it up." BUT the last ten seconds of everyone of his wins is just incredible. He does something that many fighters don't do, he follows up. If he lands one punch, 8 more follow. Danny has never been knocked out, we'll see if he can carry that streak through this match up."

Ricky Lundell (Head Instructor University of Grappling in Utah) – "I think that Dan Henderson is going to have his work cut out for him with Machida's style. Henderson is going to try his patented over-hand right and clinch work. I see Machida evading Henderson and winning a Unanimous decision."

Ricky Lundell also gives his picks on the rest of the main card:

Urijah Faber vs. Ivan Menjivar -"Urijah Faber by Unanimous decision."

Court McGee vs. Josh Neer - "Court McGee is doing a wonderful job climbing his way to the top of the UFC ranks. Neer can't be taken likely, but I see Court using his hands in combination with his wrestling game to take a split decision away from Neer."

Josh Koscheck vs. Robbie Lawler - "Lawler has incredibly dangerous hands. However I see Koscheck taking down Lawler and beating him with his wrestling background. Unanimous decision = Koscheck."

UFC 157: Rousey vs. Carmouche related articles, videos, photos and more:

- UFC Primetime: Rousey vs. Carmouche – Episode 1 (Full Video)

- UFC Primetime: Rousey vs. Carmouche – Episode 2 (Full Video)

- UFC Primetime: Rousey vs. Carmouche – Episode 3 (Full Video)

- MMA Access: The Success or Failure of WMMA in the UFC Rides on Rousey

- Countdown to UFC 157: Rousey vs. Carmouche

- Countdown to UFC 157: Henderson vs. Machida and Faber vs. Menjivar

Ronda Rousey: Ready To Defend Her UFC Title:

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

Liz Carmouche: UFC's First Openly Gay Fighter:

Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:52 pm
Profile WWW
FORUM ADMIN
FORUM ADMIN

We are LIVE from the Honda Center in Anaheim, California..................... sHa_popcorn.gif

Yuri Villefort

Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:03 pm
Profile WWW
FORUM ADMIN
FORUM ADMIN

Sam Stout

Mark Hominick

Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:05 pm
Profile WWW
FORUM ADMIN
FORUM ADMIN

Dana White UFC 157 vlog day 1

Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:45 pm
Profile WWW
Captain
Captain

My main card picks are in - Rousey, Hendo, Faber, Johnson and Lawler. I have to agree with "Guest Panel" and every other prediction I have seen, Carmouche is going to tap in round 1.

Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:06 pm
FORUM ADMIN
FORUM ADMIN

broncofan wrote:
My main card picks are in - Rousey, Hendo, Faber, Johnson and Lawler. I have to agree with "Guest Panel" and every other prediction I have seen, Carmouche is going to tap in round 1.

My picks have sucked lately but I agree with three of those...... taking Menjivar and Carmouche for the GIGANTIC upset. Also taking McGee since is on the main card.

Sarah Kaufman in attendance

Neil Magny celebrates

A little Lavar Johnson

Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:18 pm
Profile WWW
Babes 'n Stuff Post King
Babes 'n Stuff Post King

broncofan wrote:

Too bad Johnson vs. Schaub isn't on the main card but otherwise I like your picks except that Koscheck is going to beat Lawler.

Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next