View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Anderson Silva - Off UFC 198 Card Due To Illness 
FORUM ADMIN
FORUM ADMIN

The homecoming fight of Anderson Silva in Curitiba will not be taking place this weekend, as the former middleweight champion has been forced off Saturday's UFC 198 card due to an illness.

The UFC is currently exploring potential replacements to face Silva's opponent, Uriah Hall, but it is not certain whether he will remain on the card or not.

http://www.ufc.com

Quote:
http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/5/11/11 ... d-to-train

Anderson Silva is out of a UFC 198 middleweight clash with Uriah Hall, and Silva’s doctor Marcio Tannure told MMA Fighting that the former champion is scheduled to undergo surgery Wednesday morning to remove his gall bladder.

Silva was expected to fly from Rio de Janeiro to Curitiba on Tuesday morning, but was rushed to the hospital four hours before his team was supposed to leave.

"He called me and said ‘I’m going to the hospital, but I’ll get better’, so we came to Curitiba," Silva’s coach Luiz Carlos Dorea said. "When we arrived in Curitiba, he said ‘Master, I came home but the pain is too much.' I told him to eat something, but he said ‘I can’t, I’m eating and throwing up.' He told me this afternoon that it was too painful and he had to go back to the hospital."

According to the boxing coach, Silva was only five pounds away from making weight for UFC 198 and excited to be fighting in Curitiba for the first time in more than a decade.

Tue May 10, 2016 8:42 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]