Maximizing Your Halo 3 Experience
There are a few things you can do to get the most out of these new features on http://www.Bungie.net
1. Make an account, Link your gamertag! Hardly any of these new features on Bungie.net will be of any use or value to you if you don’t have an account on the site and that account isn’t linked to your gamertag. Surely you’ve done this by now, but if not, there’s never been a better time. (p.s. it’s totally free).
2. Get Bungie PRO! This is by no means required, but Bungie PRO does greatly expand the maximum capacity of your file share, allowing you to upload and share more content than you normally would. Bungie PRO members can be identified by the blue background on their file share items. Lastly, the exciting new video rendering feature that was previewed a few updates ago is only going to be available to Bungie PRO members.
3. Tag your files! Go to your file share on Bungie.net and tag everything you have. The more accurate and detailed your tags are, the easier it will be for other people to discover your content and the more inclined they will be to try it out for themselves. Every tag you create will also go into your tag user history. Every tag you use and every file you tag will go into a handy list and is a great way to build your own custom searches. Of course, you need to have some files in order to do this so update your file share in Halo 3 and take some screenshots if you don’t have any handy.
4. Organize your Files! If you have related content items in your file share, group them together and create a file set to keep them all organized and connected. Files that exist in files sets also get a special icon in search results to further indicate that these are important files. Use File sets to make bundles of Map variants and Game variants that go together. A picture is worth a thousand words, include screenshots that display the interesting parts of your map or preview the key moments of a sweet film clip. Players trying to download your files will appreciate how much easier it is to download all of your creations in one place.
5. Rate It! If you check out someone’s custom file, be sure to give it a rating. Over time, the average rating for a file will help everyone determine what’s good and what’s not so good. It only works though if people take the time to rate. Feedback comments are also very helpful.
6. Comment! Be sure to leave a comment for your files to include information you couldn't fit in the original file description. Also, add comments to other people's files to expand upon what you liked or offer suggestions for future revisions.