Halo Wars Collector's Edition Available for Pre-Order
November 6, 2008
Microsoft Game Studios and Ensemble Studios announced that the much-anticipated strategy game Halo Wars will be landing at retailers worldwide this February in both a standard and Limited Collector's Edition format. Taking the Halo battle beyond the first person, Halo Wars puts you in command of the battlefield and combines the intensity of Halo with a riveting new story that precedes the events of Halo: Combat Evolved.
Developed by Ensemble Studios, the creators of the critically-acclaimed Age of Empires series, Halo Wars was designed specifically for Xbox 360® and brings a genre that has typically thrived on the PC seamlessly to consoles. From specialized controls to redesigned resource management and unit command, Halo Wars gives you the fluid strategy experience you've been waiting for on a console.
In addition to the standard retail version, Halo Wars will be offered in a Limited Collector's Edition through participating retailers and will feature:
* Three New Halo 3 Multiplayer Maps: Be one of the first to experience the Mythic Map Pack from Bungie, which includes three new maps, Assembly, Orbital, and Sandbox.
* Halo Wars: Genesis: This beautiful graphic novel by Phil Noto, Graeme Devine, and Eric Nylund chronicles the first military campaign against the Covenant. The novel centers around the Spirit of Fire on a mission to discover why the Covenant are so interested in the world of Harvest.
* Unique In-Game Vehicle: Command the " Honor Guard" Wraith.
* Six Leader Cards: Leaders possess elite skills which can turn the tides of battle.
* Spirit of Fire Patch: Start the journey as an official Spirit of Fire crew member.
As an added bonus, fans eager for their chance to battle the Covenant will be able to pre-order Halo Wars and receive a pre-order card to download a special in-game Warthog vehicle with flame decals from select participating retailers.http://www.xbox.com
What do you expect? The comedian is dead.