Fight Results for MMA's Apocalypse 2009
First KOC Event of 2009 Crowns One AM and One Pro Champion
Feb 9, 2009
Apocalypse 2009 MMA, http://www.punchdrunkgamer.com
Amid a packed house, attendees cheered on 10 MMA bouts that included ladies, an amateur Welter Weight title, a Pro MMA fight, and the King of Champions Pro LW title.
On February 7, 2009, Denver, Colorado, hosted the first King of Champions MMA event for the year. Attendance easily doubled from the year ending KOC MMA event in December 2008. It was estimated that over 1,200 people packed the venue at the Crowne Plaza Hotel at DIA.
Once again the up and coming local web site of PunchDrunkGamer was a major sponsor of the event. Attendees were also treated to the ring announcing of local radio host Uncle Nasty. The full fight card of 10 bouts included a female MMA fight, two title fights, and seven action-packed fights.Amateur Apocalypse 2009 MMA Results:
* AM 145 - Geoff Brokx declared the winner by Submission over Tony Gonzalez. The fight ended in the first round.
* AM 135 - Miguel Martinez declared the winner by TKO at the end of the second round over Zachary Wagner. Wagner came out strong, but loss steam in round two.
* AM 118 - Alan Lobato declared the winner by Submission over Anthony Chavez. The fight ended 2:52 into the first round.
* AM 155 - Micky Koonce declared the winner by TKO at the end of the second round over Travis Hollis. Koonce is now 3-0. Hollis was handed his second loss at a KOC event. He lost the Jr. Lightweight Championship fight at King of Kings in December 2008 by a split decision.
* AM 155 - Dan Craft declared the winner by TKO over Masson Hoffman in the first round. This was Craft second KOC win in a row. He won at King of Kings in December 2oo8 by split decision.
* AM 145 - Jesse Henley declared the winner by Submission over Josh Huber. The fight went into round two. Henley is now 7-0.Female Amateur Apocalypse 2009 MMA Results:
* AM 118 - Audrey Perkins declared the winner by Split Decision over Kelly Brown. This was one of the two fights that lasted the full three rounds. (Each round is five minutes.) Both ladies made a good showing in their debut bout. They both utilized boxing moves than martial arts moves, but they each show great promise in coming fights.Amateur Apocalypse 2009 Welter Weight Title Results:
* Derek Moralez declared the winner by KO over Troy Barron and given the coveted Welter Weight Title belt to wear. Moralez wasted no time in proving he deserved the championship title. He knocked out Barron just 59 seconds into the first round.Pro Apocalypse 2009 MMA Results:
* Pro 155 - James Meade declared the winner by TKO over Pete Vandervort in round one. Meade record is now 12-6, while Vandervort's record goes to 10-3.Apocalypse 2009 MMA Main Event Results:
* KOC Pro LW Title Bout - Rocky Johnson declared the winner by unanimous decision over Ian Stonehouse and given the coveted LW Title belt. Johnson came out fighting and dominated the favored Stonehouse for 2 1/2 rounds. Stonehouse staged a comeback in round three, but it was too late. Johnson's record goes to 13-9, while Stonehouse's undefeated record falls to 8-1.
Although only two fights went the full three rounds, the action was still exciting for the crowd, and the amateur fighters gained valuable cage experience.
With the 2009 MMA fight season off to a rousing start, King of Champions announced its next Colorado show will take place on March 28, 2009.http://martial-arts-instruction.suite10 ... lypse_2009
What do you expect? The comedian is dead.