GRAPPLERS CHALLENGE #2
Saturday, June 5, 2010
8:00am - 4:00pm
This is an open tournament which means all individuals and teams are invited and encouraged to attend. We hope that grapplers and wrestlers throughout Idaho will see this event as a way to compete locally.
Fill out the online registration information, read the waiver, and then submit the information to compete. Medals will be awarded to all participants age 17 and under and for first, second and third place for all other age groups.
We hope that you will participate as either a competitor or spectator and help us make this tournament a success!
There will also be team awards, for most participants as well as overall best team.
Please visit Grapplerschallenge.com
• Each competitor will have the option of grappling in a Gi or shorts and a tight fitting t-shirt or rash guard. The upper torso must be covered.
• Mouth guard is optional but for men/boys a protective cup must be worn• No shoes of any kind may be worn
• Headgear is optional
• Knee pads, ankle supports, and wrist support (i.e. tape) may be worn
• No jewelry, loose articles, headbands, or other similar attire may be worn
Takedowns 2 points
Escapes 1 point
Sweeps/Reversals 2 points
Passing the Guard 2 points
Mount (5 secs) 4 points
Rear Mount (5 secs w/ both hooks in) 4 points
Knee on Belly (5 secs) 3 points
Submissions Any competitor tapping out (either verbally or physically) automatically loses, regardless of how many points they have. Virtually all submissions are legal with the exception of the following:
• Certain neck cranks (i.e. can openers, twisting the head with your hands, etc.)
• Small joint manipulation
• Choking with your hands
• Headbutting, biting, eye gouging, or strikes of any kind Sudden Death In the event of a tie the competitors will grapple a final round of unlimited time. The referee will flip a coin. The coin toss winner will choose to be in a neutral position, in guard, or in his opponent’s guard. Whoever scores first will be declared the winner. Rounds Under 18: One 3 minute roundOver 18: One 5 minute round