MMA Shockwave 2009 Fight Results
Two Pro MMA Champions and One New Amateur MMA Champion Crowned
KOC Shockwave 2009 Pro MMA Title Fight, KOCMMA.com
King of Champions packs the house for Shockwave 2009 and treats attendees at the Colorado event to the best MMA Pro and Amateur bouts and title fights of the season.
On March 28, 2009, King of Champions' fight card for Shockwave 2009 exploded with seven Amateur MMA fights including one Title fight and one female fight and four Pro MMA fights including the Main Event Title fight and the Co-Main Title fight.
Sponsored in part by local web site PunchDrunkGamer and the U.S. Army, the event saw the return of local radio host Uncle Nasty in his second engagement of ring announcing.
Amateur MMA fights are three rounds of two minutes each. Pro MMA fights are two rounds of five minutes each with the Pro Title fights at three rounds of five minutes each.
Amateur MMA Results in Order Fought
* AM 155: Geoff Brokx declared the winner by Submission over Tyson Vigil. The fight ended 1:16 into the first round. Brokx also won his bout in February at Apocalypse 2009. Vigil falls to 1-4.
* AM 135: James Soiland fighting in his Amateur MMA debut declared the winner by Submission over Tony Gonzales. The fight ended 39 seconds into the first round. This is Gonzales' second loss in 2009.
* AM 170: James Valimont declared the winner by Unanimous Decision over Ali Hanjani after three full rounds of fighting. Valimont's record is now 7-4 while Hanjani falls to 2-4.
* AM 185: Jason Clayton declared the winner by Submission over Sebastin White. The fight ended 1:38 into the first round. Both fighters were undefeated. Clayton's record is now 4-0 while White's is 2-1.
* AM 170: Ramico Blackmon declared the winner by TKO over Jay Wymer. The fight ended 1:19 into the first round.Female Amateur MMA Result
* AM Lightweight: Diana Rael declared the winner by Unanimous Decision over Kelly Brown. Rael fought at 111 lbs. and Brown at 116 lbs. It is Rael's first MMA Amateur win and Brown's second loss.Amateur MMA Title Fight Result
* AM 145 Title: Matthew Vigil surprised defender Joey Banks and took the title. Vigil declared the winner of the Title Belt by a TKO 1:45 into the third round. Both fighters gave their all and traded dominance throughout the rounds.Pro MMA Fight Results
* Pro 140: Josh Huber declared the winner by Submission over Travis Sherman. The fight ended 1:23 into the first round. It was Huber's Pro Debut after fighting in the Amateur ranks for three years. Sherman is now 1-5.
* Pro 155: Jeremy Malaterre declared the winner by Unanimous Decision over Al-Medo Corona. This was a rematch for these two with the result for both fights being the same. Malaterre is now 1-1. This was Corona's Pro Debut.Pro Main Event Title Results
* Pro 155 KOC Title Fight: Rocky Johnson declared the winner by Split Decision over Bryan Craven to retain his title. Billed as the Co-Main event, this fight was easily the best of the evening. The decision was 29-28 Johnson, 29-28 Craven, and 29-28 Johnson. In addition to successfully defending his title, Johnson is the holder of five Pro Titles in Colorado. His record is 20-8 while Craven falls to 15-7. This win follows Johnson's spectacular win over Ian Stonehouse in February at Apocalypse 2009 for the Pro LW Title Belt.
* Pro 185 KOC Title Fight: Jesse Taylor was declared the winner by Unanimous Decision over favored Colorado fighter Chris Camozzi. Camozzi fought hard against the more experienced former UFC fighter from California but Taylor dominated all three rounds. This was the Main Event.
The skill level of the MMA Amateur fighters was evident, and the Pro MMA fighters put on an excellent show. Look for more from Rocky Johnson and Jesse Taylor in future KOC events. The King of Champions, has nearly outgrown the Crowne Plaza venue, did not announce their next fight yet.
Read more: "MMA Shockwave 2009 Fight Results: Two Pro MMA Champions and One New Amateur MMA Champion Crowned" - http://martial-arts-instruction.suite10 ... z0BAxLyIBM
What do you expect? The comedian is dead.